Brigid the Wonder Chicken (LOTSA PICS!)

RedheadErin

Songster
8 Years
Nov 30, 2011
At last, I finally got all my pictures out of the camera and on line. There were vacation pictures in there--wow! Maybe I should download it more often!

Anyway, these are some pictures of our pet hen, Brigid the Wonder Chicken. They told us she was an RI Red, but this hen does NOT look like the ohter ones we got who are ALSO supposed to be RIR's. Any idea what she is? She is really small, about half the size of our RI/Leghorn girls we got from the egg farm, and about 1/3 the size of the new reds.
112931_100_6100.jpg

What? Doesn't everyone have a chicken under the Christmas tree?
112931_100_6097.jpg

.Nurse Brigid with her patient Connor after he got beat up
112931_100_6073.jpg

What do you do with old feed sacks? Make chicken-printed wrapping paper, of course!

112931_100_6039.jpg

Story time is always a big draw at our house!
112931_100_6030.jpg

Most Christmas trees ahve an angel or a star or something . . . .
112931_100_5911.jpg

ARRGH! Methinks my Parrot has flown the coop!
112931_100_5901.jpg

A pouting chicken in Chicken Jail! (She is in the puppy pen after she ran way repeatedly and stayed out all night. After she was out for 2 nights straight, we decided she could not be left alone unsupervised. This is the best thing we could come up with!)

Last edited:
How cute! I wonder if Brigid is some sort of Serama? She has the face of a Serama but not the stance. She is cute, though.

She is a really fun chicken to have around, too! She does all kinds of cute stuff. For example:

**She sits on my son's lap for story time, and falls asleep.

**When she is in the pen in the kitchen, che clucks and whistles to be let out

**She heard the Jackson 5 version of "I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus" and started clucking right along

**when I am sitting in the big chair with the cats in my lap, she paces around and and peeks up at me until I make a place for her to sit, too

** she apparently talks a lot of dirt to one of the cats, because they get nose-to-nose for a minute, then the cat pulls away, looking all offended

**when something happens that she doesnt like (Like going to chicken jail because she could not be trusted in the yard) she paces around and complains loudly for minutes on end. THen she sits down and pouts.

**She sits on the other hens eggs, even though she has not laid an egg of her own since we got her

**She gets all excited and sings the egg song before she poops!

**The other day, we tried to put her out in the yard for some exercise, an hour later we found her sitting on the porch trying to get in!

This is definitely a house chicken!
D.gif
She loves to be around us.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom