Brinsea Mini-more than 7 eggs

carolynm

Songster
11 Years
Apr 5, 2011
Bailey, CO
I purchased a used Brinsea Mini this past fall, unfortunately it didn't come with the small 12 egg tray. If I want to hatch more than 7 eggs do I have to resort to manually turning? Is there anyway to use the 7 egg tray with more than 7 eggs? Anyone come up with a mod that works?

Thanks

Carolyn

The mini advance dosnt fit more then 7 chicken eggs. Its not built to. The mini eco can fit up to ten eggs and requires hand turning. You could of course stuff as many as you can into the one you have but if you want to have the best hatch rate Its probly not a good idea.

I have not done this, but you could cut out the entire bottom of the turning ring, leaving the geared outer ring and a little flat surface along the circumference. Next, fabricate a new plastic bottom with more slots for the small eggs to sit in. Then glue the new bottom onto the geared outer ring.

Or, buy the small egg ring, which in the end would be cheaper, easier and better.

Last edited:
I bought the smaller egg ring, but I use it for quail eggs. I have read it works for pheasant eggs as well, so it should work for bantam eggs too!

Back
Top Bottom