Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance EX Sale?

featherbaby, totally understand. The bills got to be paid first and then you get to play. Isn't it nice that property taxes always seem to fall in the November/December time frame? Always fun when you are trying to get presents for your family. I am thinking though that even if you can't swing it in that time frame, they might run a late winter, early spring sale too depending on how many they sell over the winter.
thumbsup.gif

That would be better for me anyway since my space is very limited and I have 12 shipped eggs under a broody right now. I have to get this batch grown out before hatching any more. If anyone sees a good sale on them please post it for all of us Chickaholics who absolutely, positively must buy it at the lowest possible price.

By the way DS, how important is the humidity pump attachment? I want the one with all the bells and whistles but wonder if I should step down a notch to save money? What's your opinion?

Last edited:
I went with the all the bells and whistles so there is little chance of making mistakes. You could look at the smaller bator that does 7 eggs. I can't remember the difference in price. There is another company out there that makes one just as good from what I have read and is less expensive. I forget the name of the company. The only other difference I have read on the other model is that instead of supplying the water reservoir, you have to supply your own. Someone uses a plastic soda bottle and just puts the supply hose down in to it and it works fine. You could do a search for it. I wish I could remember the other company's name. Dang CRS.

ETA - here is a link to a discussion on the two different company's models https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=403845

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
OMG! I laughed so hard you made my day this is so funny I purchased one also since it was on sale and have done #'s 4 thru 10 I am really having a hard time waiting on the eggs though I must admit !
lau.gif

Quote:

Quote:
Either open the box and mail the card in right away or go online and register using your serial number. If you don't, Brinsea will NOT honor the warranty. I found out the hard way. Mine arrived damaged so they sent replacement parts. I assumed my warranty was in force. A few weeks later after two miserable hatches I realized that even though the digital display said the temp was 99.5, it was actually only 96.0. I notified Brinsea and requested repairs be done since I was well within my warranty period. Guess what? They would not honor my warranty because I didn't mail in the card on time, despite the fact that they had replaced parts under warranty on Day 1. I wrote, called, emailed, even turned the problem over to a consumer affairs advocacy group. I found out that if you sell something and ship it to California, the buyer cannot be required to fill out a warranty card to validate the warranty. The information on those cards is usually just for marketing purposes. Anyone selling merchandise to California buyers is required by law to honor the warranty based on the receipt as proof of purchase. Anyone except Brinsea! They refused to comply with the law, refused to repair my incubator, and now I have to adjust it constantly based on a digital thermometer probe stuck through a hole. All that for only $550! Yes, I could have shipped it back for repair at my own expense but it would have cost almost as much as the incubator itself.

So Christmas gift or no Christmas gift, open those boxes and mail in the cards or register online because Brinsea WILL NOT comply with the law and honor your warranty. For the most part they won't even respond to you.

Good luck!

Last year in January they were selling them for almost half price. I got mine in Dec. and wished I had waited.

Mahonri, did you buy it from the official Brinsea.com site or another vendor? For half price, I can wait. I wonder if they'll do that again? Which model did you get?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom