BRM's Bunny Thread! ❤️🐰❤️

Pics
You can pedegree rabbit kits from none pedegreed relitives if they are generations later? I did not know this.
So I'm talking about Kenobi, so I'll just call him that. Kenobi's mum is Noel and she has pedigree so I know she's purebred. Kenobi's dad is Huckleberry and he does not have pedigree, but he looks like a mini lop, and I am told he is purebred. He doesn't quite match standard of perfection, his nose is a little narrow and he could use more width in his shoulders, but I can breed that in. So Kenobi already has one pedigree generation, and when he breeds with Veritas those kits will have two generations, and the offspring of those kits will have three generations. Vualla. My own line of pedigree. (Veritas is already pedigreed.)

So I'm talking about Kenobi, so I'll just call him that. Kenobi's mum is Noel and she has pedigree so I know she's purebred. Kenobi's dad is Huckleberry and he does not have pedigree, but he looks like a mini lop, and I am told he is purebred. He doesn't quite match standard of perfection, his nose is a little narrow and he could use more width in his shoulders, but I can breed that in. So Kenobi already has one pedigree generation, and when he breeds with Veritas those kits will have two generations, and the offspring of those kits will have three generations. Vualla. My own line of pedigree. (Veritas is already pedigreed.)
That's good info. Does that mean if I bred my male none pedigreed dutch x Rex with a pedigreed female after several generations the off spring would be pedigreed? I can share photos of my male bunny and his parents. We were told his mother was a dutch which I believe is also pure due to her looks and his father only resembles a Rex rabbit (He is larger than a dutch and has tones of grey and brown, etc. Thx.

That's good info. Does that mean if I bred my male none pedigreed dutch x Rex with a pedigreed female after several generations the off spring would be pedigreed? I can share photos of my male bunny and his parents. We were told his mother was a dutch which I believe is also pure due to her looks and his father only resembles a Rex rabbit (He is larger than a dutch and has tones of grey and brown, etc. Thx.
Pedigreed simply means family tree. That's it. It does not mean anything special or fancy.

Well... That's not a real breed if you combine the two so, quite useless. But yes, that would work.

Pedigreed simply means family tree. That's it. It does not mean anything special or fancy.
It is sometimes required to show and when you have pedigree you know that they are pure. So it is somewhat "fancy" and you can sell animals for thousands more because of it.

It is sometimes required to show and when you have pedigree you know that they are pure. So it is somewhat "fancy" and you can sell animals for thousands more because of it.
This word means different things for different type of animals.
When it comes to rabbits it means family tree.

Back
Top Bottom