BRM's Bunny Thread! ❤️🐰❤️

Pics
@Barred Rock Mama View attachment 3160942

This image is from a month or so ago so I will need to upload a newer picture later. The bunny with the star on it's head is what we plan to base the breed off of.
Okay. So they won't sell well being mixed breeds, just so you know. I would just suggest getting opposite genders for each different breed that you have.

I would definitely just hold her down, whatever you have to do to get her to feed him. And maybe do just 2 feeding a day so it's not consuming all your time. They only need to be fed once or twice usually.
Yea I plan to do once in the morning and once in the evening. Lilly didn’t seem to mind it. I had put her in the box a couple times earlier in the day with food but didn’t hold her down, just to see how she would react, and it seemed like when she’d notice the baby, she’d jump out. But she didn’t freak out when I held her and the baby latched on, so maybe that’s a good sign.

Okay. So they won't sell well being mixed breeds, just so you know. I would just suggest getting opposite genders for each different breed that you have.
If we ever do this it would be in the future. I am not even sure if I would bred my bunny yet. I have been making plans for if I ever do this. We hope to create a stable breed and get it approved my the rabbit association.

Yea I plan to do once in the morning and once in the evening. Lilly didn’t seem to mind it. I had put her in the box a couple times earlier in the day with food but didn’t hold her down, just to see how she would react, and it seemed like when she’d notice the baby, she’d jump out. But she didn’t freak out when I held her and the baby latched on, so maybe that’s a good sign.
The baby has hay beneath it, right? Honestly, you could just shelve is and bring it out to her when you want to feed it since she doesn't care. I'm working on a website for the rabbits rn... So excited!

The baby has hay beneath it, right? Honestly, you could just shelve is and bring it out to her when you want to feed it since she doesn't care. I'm working on a website for the rabbits rn... So excited!
The baby has hay and pine shavings under her. I was feeding Lilly pellets and greens when getting her to feed the baby. Post the website when you get it up! I want to see!!

Me and my friend, yes.
Neat. What quailties will this possible new breed bring? For instance, I do not know of a lopped angora, so that would be something new. But what would this add to the breed? There are also Rex X lop crosses which have been bred down to a lop with a Rex coat, so that is something new.

Neat. What quailties will this possible new breed bring? For instance, I do not know of a lopped angora, so that would be something new. But what would this add to the breed? There are also Rex X lop crosses which have been bred down to a lop with a Rex coat, so that is something new.
We are hoping for the fur to be silky like a dutch but with fluffy volume like a Rex, be as active as a dutch, always have a star on their head and a socked leg, come in many colors but always have layered colors like some Rex colorations and chinchilla, and be a smaller breed like a dutch to be less likely to be used for meat. Depending if we do this in the future (I hope we can/do) we may add more goals. I will be interested to see how many kits would be the average for the breed.

It would be awesome to try and give them a silver shimmer like a silver fox but that might mess to much with the results of outcome.

Back
Top Bottom