BRM's Bunny Thread! ❤️🐰❤️

Ughhh!! Willy was dead this morning. He had to have just passed before we went out there because he wasn’t cold or stiff yet. I’m so sad and disappointed about it. He was such a great buck. I really hope Lilly or Tilly have some babies from him. I’m about to give up in this rabbit thing!!
I'm so sorry, I feel that so much, I sold all of my lionheads yesterday and I'm going to get a new mini rex buck and just focus on them, I had 3 rabbits die in the past 4 months and it's too much, I get way more attached to them than I do chickens.

Hi Everyone!

I am so happy to find that BYC has a bunny thread! I just got this guy this past Saturday. I volunteer at a wildlife rehab and we had some people bring in a box of bunnies that were abandoned in a local hotel room, and they didn't know what to do with them. We don't take domestic animals but made an exception for these guys because a few of us could take them home and the humane society is completely full. The females he was with were definitely pregnant and one had a broken leg. All their little nails were so long they had trouble walking...One of the other rehabbers took the worst ones so she could get them to the vet.

I decided on this guy. I had rabbits growing up about 25ish years ago, and I don't remember much. NO idea on what breed he is, how old he is or anything. He's in a plastic tote inside until I can pick up a hutch. Luckily I already have around 200 bales of orchard/timothy hay, so he is already all set on that. He doesn't have a name yet, but he does have a really cute little mohawk! If anyone has some cute name ideas let me know!! I am bad at thinking of names!
I like the name Craig for him lol I really just like Craig for all boy bunnies though

Hi Everyone!

I am so happy to find that BYC has a bunny thread! I just got this guy this past Saturday. I volunteer at a wildlife rehab and we had some people bring in a box of bunnies that were abandoned in a local hotel room, and they didn't know what to do with them. We don't take domestic animals but made an exception for these guys because a few of us could take them home and the humane society is completely full. The females he was with were definitely pregnant and one had a broken leg. All their little nails were so long they had trouble walking...One of the other rehabbers took the worst ones so she could get them to the vet.

I decided on this guy. I had rabbits growing up about 25ish years ago, and I don't remember much. NO idea on what breed he is, how old he is or anything. He's in a plastic tote inside until I can pick up a hutch. Luckily I already have around 200 bales of orchard/timothy hay, so he is already all set on that. He doesn't have a name yet, but he does have a really cute little mohawk! If anyone has some cute name ideas let me know!! I am bad at thinking of names!
He's super cute! Not sure what breed exactly, but he looks like a lionhead mix.

I recommend watching Lennon the Bunny on YouTube for rabbit care information.
I'd advise against buying a hutch, they usually don't hold up to the weather and fall apart after a year, they're also not predator proof, and often much to small for a rabbit and it's needs. Not to mention the risks of being outdoors, such as predators (which could simply scare the rabbit to death), heat (rabbits are prone to heat stroke), and it's more difficult to keep and eye on them and bond with the rabbit.

Rabbits arr quite easy to litter train, especially when fixed, making them great house pets. With a bit of bunny proofing, they can free roam just like a dog and will be very happy this way.
Both hutches and cages are very small, and expensive, so a better option is a wire dog pen or something similar. On Amazon they're only about $40 for a nice sized one, whereas hutches and cages are usually well over $100.

Hi Everyone!

Aww what a sad situation but happy they are all being taken care of! He is so cute and I love that Mohawk! I’m horrible at deciding on names too haha! Good luck.

Hi Everyone!

He's super cute! Not sure what breed exactly, but he looks like a lionhead mix.

I recommend watching Lennon the Bunny on YouTube for rabbit care information.
I'd advise against buying a hutch, they usually don't hold up to the weather and fall apart after a year, they're also not predator proof, and often much to small for a rabbit and it's needs. Not to mention the risks of being outdoors, such as predators (which could simply scare the rabbit to death), heat (rabbits are prone to heat stroke), and it's more difficult to keep and eye on them and bond with the rabbit.

Rabbits arr quite easy to litter train, especially when fixed, making them great house pets. With a bit of bunny proofing, they can free roam just like a dog and will be very happy this way.
Both hutches and cages are very small, and expensive, so a better option is a wire dog pen or something similar. On Amazon they're only about $40 for a nice sized one, whereas hutches and cages are usually well over $100.
Hello! Adorable bunny!

This thread is not against keeping rabbits outdoors. Lennon the Bunny is a fantastic channel, but it is not evil, inhumane, cruel, ect, to keep your rabbits outdoors.

Mohawk might be a cute name 🤣❤️

Kits are doing great! Nemik is healing up so well!
InShot_20221128_112958146.jpg

InShot_20221128_112220222.jpg

InShot_20221128_112235266.jpg

InShot_20221128_112146194.jpg

InShot_20221128_112201392.jpg

InShot_20221128_112124313.jpg

InShot_20221128_112022312.jpg

Hello! Adorable bunny!

This thread is not against keeping rabbits outdoors. Lennon the Bunny is a fantastic channel, but it is not evil, inhumane, cruel, ect, to keep your rabbits outdoors.

We have a fixed mixed breed rabbit named Edward who has been living loose on our farm for a month now, he forages almost all he eats but visits his hutch when he wants easy food and water then scurries off. Hes a sweet guy and randomly comes up to people to get picked up and petted

Hello! Adorable bunny!

I agree that keeping rabbits outdoors can work out just fine. But when it comes to pets, it's often much easier, safer, and you get to hang out with the bunny more.
Suitable outdoor enclosures can be pricey too.
@Silkie Princess switched from outdoors to indoors and has had a much stronger relationship with her buns after doing so.

House rabbits aren't for everyone of course, but when it's an option I think the owner should definitely give it a try.
I always recommend Lennon the Bunny as a starting point, since she has lots of videos on bunny proofing and free roaming, which many people haven't heard of before.

Hi Everyone!

What a cute bunny! Glad you found this thread. Not great at thinking of names either.. Still deciding on names for mine still.😉 I think its fine to keep them in an outdoor hutch. If your worried about socializing him. You could maybe bring him inside some times.

Back
Top Bottom