On day 18 I transferred eggs to the hatcher. Heard cheeping from one of the eggs. A couple of hours later a chicked hatched. Day 19 2 chicks hatched and a couple pipped. Day 20 those pipped never did anything more and as much as I have been told to not open the hatcher lid, I did. One of the pipped eggs had a dead chick, the other was still alive so I cracked the egg enough to help it. Pricked the large end of the last two eggs and opened them a bit. One chick was dead but the other was still alive. I ran warm water over the shell, wet a paper towel with warm water, returned the egg to the hatcher and set the wet paper towel over the egg. Because I had a large hole opened up I checked that egg every couple of hours and rewet the egg, rewet the paper towel, and using the drip of water from the end of my finger, I wet the membrane in the egg because it had become white and dry. After a few hours of doing this I realized that the chick was breach when I saw it had pipped on the small end.... so I set the egg on the floor of the hatcher and not in the egg carton. A few hours later I cracked the shell a bit more and eventually the chick worked his way out. Alive.