Broken foot, or bumble?

MimiRatt

Chirping
Jun 22, 2022
1E50CB45-498F-482A-8468-168813178771.jpeg
This is my Jersey Giant rooster’s foot. Two of his toes are doing this, and it terrifies me? He doesn’t seem to be in pain, so if it is broken it must be healed already. Could it be something else? Any help would be appreciated!

Looks like it's a result of a vitamin deficiency, which I see quite commonly in males.
I don't remember the type of deficiency that effects the toes though. With as curved as the toes are now, it's too late to treat. But this won't effect his life in any way.

Curled toe paralysis can be caused by fluctuating/improper tempratures in the incubator, a genetic flaw or lack of vitamin riboflavin. Were his toes always curled? It usually happens at hatch to one week of age. Best wishes.
I've seen it happen as early a 2-3 weeks, to as late as 3-4 months. But I guess it can vary abit.

Curled toe paralysis can be caused by fluctuating/improper tempratures in the incubator, a genetic flaw or lack of vitamin riboflavin. Were his toes always curled? It usually happens at hatch to one week of age. Best wishes.
I don’t know, as I haven’t actually noticed his toes before yesterday. Thank you for your help!

Looks like it's a result of a vitamin deficiency, which I see quite commonly in males.
I don't remember the type of deficiency that effects the toes though. With as curved as the toes are now, it's too late to treat. But this won't effect his life in any way.
Thank you very much! He seems to not be in pain, and he walks fine, so I suppose it isn’t much to worry about. It just shocked me yesterday. Thank you, again, for your reply!

Back
Top Bottom