Brooder setup!

That looks really good! I assume that you are planning to get an actual feeder. With my chicks, I placed the feeder and waterers on a brick, at least once they were a week old. It helped keep the shavings out, but you have a nice and different waterer then I have (mine was a fountain) which looks like it will keep shavings out better. I have also never used a heat plate (I use a lamp) but I might end up using one in the future. Congrats on your (soon to be) new chicks!
I have an actual feeder, but they need to be taller to use it (dual port 5lb feeder, you can find it on RentACoop)

I'm getting my first ever chickens tommrow morning!!!! So excited! I just set up my brooder! Sorry if the picture is blurry at all. Any thoughts questions or opinions?

Down below is the temporary egg carton feeder, next to it is the water, and lastly is the brooder plate. 2 inches of bedding/shavings
looks good to me! how many and what types of chicks are you getting? Where are you getting them from?

I am crossing my fingers that I get my first chicks as an adult (so many years) tomorrow as well (thought they would be at the local feed store today but didn't happen so praying they are there tomorrow). it is so exciting! I can barely contain myself, well all day today I couldn't. LOL

Looks nice. Depending on how many chicks you get they will fill that waterer up fast with bedding chips after few days.
I use a bigger waterer than you have clean it couple times a day at times. Also have quite a few chicks at the moment.
After few days I switch to a bigger waterer because of the chip issue. Even then as they get bigger they will fill that with chips.
Chicks are little scratching machines.
Good Luck

looks good to me! how many and what types of chicks are you getting? Where are you getting them from?

I am crossing my fingers that I get my first chicks as an adult (so many years) tomorrow as well (thought they would be at the local feed store today but didn't happen so praying they are there tomorrow). it is so exciting! I can barely contain myself, well all day today I couldn't. LOL
I'm getting 3 buff Orpingtons from a local feed store!

Looks nice. Depending on how many chicks you get they will fill that waterer up fast with bedding chips after few days.
I use a bigger waterer than you have clean it couple times a day at times. Also have quite a few chicks at the moment.
After few days I switch to a bigger waterer because of the chip issue. Even then as they get bigger they will fill that with chips.
Chicks are little scratching machines.
Good Luck
Thanks! I'm hoping that the cup will block out some chips. I'm only getting 3 chicks so it should be an ok size

Good luck!! I also would recommend using dog pads in the future (if you own dogs that is...they are also not supppper expensive) that way nothing gets in the water and any water spillage is absorbed. Although it looks nice!!! I wish I had a heat plate...:(
It's a bit too late for that... but know I know for the future!

Back
Top Bottom