Brooder setup!

It’s so exciting to get the baby chicks home, the time will fly by and they grow up fast. Love your setup too.

By the way, if you don’t have a brooder or crate with a top, place some deer netting attached with clothespins/paperclips/etc to the top. Sooner or later they will try and go exploring and jump out. Enjoy this special time with them. You will fall in love with your chicks.
yeah, they are getting old fast! I think they are a week old now!

now hopefully their coop is ready! hahaaha. And not sure if I will be ready. I already get nervous when I think about them being out there all alone where I can't check in on them non stop by just walking down the hall. haahaaa.
I know the feeling! It will take some getting used to once mine go outside. Shoot, I may have to get some more babies just so I won't get lonely!! 😁

Anyone know anything about chicks... Medically? Have a chick with a lump... No replies to my thread!
where is the lump? if beside the breast area then most likely it is their crop and just means they have been eating. I will look for your thread. and I am NOT an expert just been doing lots of research and have had my babies for 6 days.

I'm getting my first ever chickens tommrow morning!!!! So excited! I just set up my brooder! Sorry if the picture is blurry at all. Any thoughts questions or opinions?

Down below is the temporary egg carton feeder, next to it is the water, and lastly is the brooder plate. 2 inches of bedding/shavings
View attachment 2606372
Love the brooder plate. Where did you get it? Brand name, etc.
Thanks and best wishes.
Petite Chateau de Poulet

Back
Top Bottom