Broody chicken no longer sitting on remaining eggs

Tiger1979

Chirping
May 28, 2015
My Broody chicken had 12 eggs under her, five have hatched between 21 days to 23 days, however she appears to have given up on the remaining eggs. I have candeled the eggs to see if they are fertile and it appears that they are but I am concerned because mum does not want to sit on her eggs and help them keep warm anymore :(. Can anyone please give any advice?

My Broody chicken had 12 eggs under her, five have hatched between 21 days to 23 days, however she appears to have given up on the remaining eggs. I have candeled the eggs to see if they are fertile and it appears that they are but I am concerned because mum does not want to sit on her eggs and help them keep warm anymore :(. Can anyone please give any advice?

She’s hatched five chicks and she has to tend to them. You say these remaining eggs are on day 23 ? They must be dead.

You would have to turn the eggs so they get heated and that requires you to be at home or someone else to do it

Eggs shouldn’t be turned 3 days prior to hatching. These eggs are on day 23 sat on by a broody hen. It would be a complete and utter waist of time trying to hatch these rotten eggs with a heat lamp. Throw them out before they explode.

Back
Top Bottom