Broody hatch-a-long!!! With Pippin!

Pics
I need to upload the photos of mine. Tentatively out of 8 chicks I think I have 6 pullets (maybe some slow developer will surprise me though) so it's a good result this year. Bato weaned her chicks after about 4 weeks and just went back to the main coop and now ignores them, while Kali is still mothering hers at 6 weeks. Really interesting to see the variety of behaviour.

I have been surprised at how many people are ok w roosters on mewe or Craigslist.. especially anything that looks pretty or helps make pretty babies!
I just gave away my last hatch on fb, yay! The lady I bought the hatching eggs from has trouble giving her roos away. I think it’s because she never wants to post photos of her birds.
Pretty photos help!

I need to upload the photos of mine. Tentatively out of 8 chicks I think I have 6 pullets (maybe some slow developer will surprise me though) so it's a good result this year. Bato weaned her chicks after about 4 weeks and just went back to the main coop and now ignores them, while Kali is still mothering hers at 6 weeks. Really interesting to see the variety of behaviour.
That’s an amazing ratio <3 still waiting for those pics ;)

Here are my chicks
C8357E82-981A-4EEA-92D0-9BBF07782147.jpeg

And their mom is already broody again with 5 Cochin eggs currently on day zero because they were set today
2736B373-D3E0-4646-B732-E3256B122065.jpeg

Another broody sitting on 2 Cochin eggs on day 16 today👇
0B596491-B3B1-41F0-B6F2-FC0D8D925ABA.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom