Broody??? Too Funny!! *PIC ADDED* Pg. 7

I gave her six eggs from my brahmas. Would love to have given her some turken eggs, but I am still getting pullet-sized eggs from them right now. Gave them to her last night.
Her upper breast is still fluffy, but she's bare under that. She still gets up to get a long drink of water and something to eat in the evenings.

Quote:
I get a maybe 2 - 3 eggs from the meaties a week, all except for one that laid an egg and hasn't laid again since. She's special. Their eggs are generally huge and usually double yokers.
Actually the type of meatie she is - a commercial bird, called cobb on cobb - are created through artificial insemination because the roos are too big to mate.
Nothing wrong with asking questions, newbie or old-timer. That's how we gain knowledge.
smile.png

I have a broody hen too, and man is she nuts... when she comes out to eat, she looks like a puffed up airplane divebombing the other birds!! they dont mess with her hahaha.

btw, do you pronounce is broooody, or brody?

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

I'm the worlds worst at trying to type out how you would pronounce something. It's brooody.

Back
Top Bottom