Bubbles in poop.

hugitnotnugget

Songster
6 Years
Feb 14, 2016
Upstate NY
I have a hen who has bubbles in her watery poop. How concerned should I be!?

Attachments

• 04EB38FC-263C-4E70-90FD-1D8BCF4B9FCF.jpeg
    04EB38FC-263C-4E70-90FD-1D8BCF4B9FCF.jpeg
    470.4 KB · Views: 124
Im a bit rusty... but off the top of my head I do believe when it's very hot they tend to have watery poop because of all the water that are drinking.... That or bubbles could be a sign of worm infestation. I vaguely remember learning about this stuff so hopefully that points you in the right direction

https://the-chicken-chick.com/whats-scoop-on-chicken-poop-digestive/

Age of hen, whether laying or not, when last laid? Check her crop, is it empty, full, hard, soft and squishy? It should be empty first thing in the morning before she has access to food or water. Check her abdomen to see if you feel any bloating, between the legs, below the vent, compare with another hen if you aren't sure. How is her weight, prominent keel bone, or well muscled breast? How is her behavior otherwise, normal, lethargic, etc? Eating and drinking normally? All poops look like that? The more details you can give, the better. You may get more questions.

They will want to know: how old is she? How long have you had her? When did this start? What do you feed? Have you introduced any new birds to your flock? And probably a lot more, but that will do for a start.
She is 4 years old. No new birds. She gets layer pellets but they get a variety of old fruit and things. They also eat a lot of bird seed but it turns one doesn’t like the seed as much. About 6 months ago she had a lash egg and very green poops. I gave her baytril and she farted eating again and acting normal. She has had slightly watery poops since then but more watery this past week. I went on vacation and came home to her not acting right and her comb drooped. That was 3 days ago. I started giving her baytril again and some hydroHen in her water. I have not seen her drink but she goes crazy for watermelon. She isn’t eating the seeds or pellets but will fight the other hens for corn and what ever scrapes we have for them. She is still acting tired compared to the rest but does move around. This morning I noticed the bubbles in the poop. I made a previous post about when she had the green poop if that helps at all. Thank you everyone!

She is 4 years old. No new birds. She gets layer pellets but they get a variety of old fruit and things. They also eat a lot of bird seed but it turns one doesn’t like the seed as much. About 6 months ago she had a lash egg and very green poops. I gave her baytril and she farted eating again and acting normal. She has had slightly watery poops since then but more watery this past week. I went on vacation and came home to her not acting right and her comb drooped. That was 3 days ago. I started giving her baytril again and some hydroHen in her water. I have not seen her drink but she goes crazy for watermelon. She isn’t eating the seeds or pellets but will fight the other hens for corn and what ever scrapes we have for them. She is still acting tired compared to the rest but does move around. This morning I noticed the bubbles in the poop. I made a previous post about when she had the green poop if that helps at all. Thank you everyone!
the last post about her was called. Lash eggs. Are they contagious?

Back
Top Bottom