Buckeye Breed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to let you all know that thanks to some diligence on the part of Janet Hatch (thanks Janet!) we were able to find the great-grandson of Mrs. Nettie Metcalf herself, Randall Lee Dawson, and his wife Anne Marie. They have allowed us to give them an honorary membership to the American Buckeye Poultry Club (I sponsored it myself, as the founder I felt it was the least I could do), and we're going to help them find Buckeyes for the coop they are building out in California (I have offered to send them some chicks for free too!)

So very excited to have "met" them online, it's like touching a little bit of Buckeye history! Anne Marie and I chatted for a while on Facebook yesterday, she is just the nicest person you can imagine, and it was just such a treat all around.

So thanks again to Janet for "finding" them, and a general huzzah!
wee.gif
So Kewl!

Dan

Just wanted to let you all know that thanks to some diligence on the part of Janet Hatch (thanks Janet!) we were able to find the great-grandson of Mrs. Nettie Metcalf herself, Randall Lee Dawson, and his wife Anne Marie. They have allowed us to give them an honorary membership to the American Buckeye Poultry Club (I sponsored it myself, as the founder I felt it was the least I could do), and we're going to help them find Buckeyes for the coop they are building out in California (I have offered to send them some chicks for free too!) So very excited to have "met" them online, it's like touching a little bit of Buckeye history! Anne Marie and I chatted for a while on Facebook yesterday, she is just the nicest person you can imagine, and it was just such a treat all around. So thanks again to Janet for "finding" them, and a general huzzah!
wee.gif
Great detective work. Anne Marie has been in our facebook group for a few weeks. She is a very nice woman. And Shumaker Farm has already offered her some great stock. Maybe the diversity between the two groups stock will be great for her first buckeyes.

Great detective work. Anne Marie has been in our facebook group for a few weeks. She is a very nice woman. And Shumaker Farm has already offered her some great stock. Maybe the diversity between the two groups stock will be great for her first buckeyes.
That's great! Yes, I think getting stock from several breeders is always a good idea.

And getting back to the birds, have my first hatch on lockdown, should have chicks sometime in the next two days or so. Will post pics once I get some peeps.

Just wanted to let you all know that thanks to some diligence on the part of Janet Hatch (thanks Janet!) we were able to find the great-grandson of Mrs. Nettie Metcalf herself, Randall Lee Dawson, and his wife Anne Marie. They have allowed us to give them an honorary membership to the American Buckeye Poultry Club (I sponsored it myself, as the founder I felt it was the least I could do), and we're going to help them find Buckeyes for the coop they are building out in California (I have offered to send them some chicks for free too!)

So very excited to have "met" them online, it's like touching a little bit of Buckeye history! Anne Marie and I chatted for a while on Facebook yesterday, she is just the nicest person you can imagine, and it was just such a treat all around.

So thanks again to Janet for "finding" them, and a general huzzah!
wee.gif

Excellent!!!

Ten chicks hatched so far for Easter morning, ten more pipped!
celebrate.gif

Photos posted once they're done (I never open the hatcher until at least day 22.)

Happy Easter everyone!

Ten chicks hatched so far for Easter morning, ten more pipped!
celebrate.gif

Photos posted once they're done (I never open the hatcher until at least day 22.)

Happy Easter everyone!
Sweet! Laura, I read your article on Rat poisons last night. Very Informative & food for thought!!

Ocap! He most certainly did arise!
smile.png

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom