Budgies!

I have a friend who breeds and shows them.
1651502641192.png

Mine should probably have more but they either destroy it or are scared 🤣🙈 I’ll get some more soon though 🥰

And nope! I actually kinda hoped she would 🤣🙈 but nope, nothing LOL this is their second one.
I tried one of those grass hammock things @SundownAviaries recommended, but they will not get on it unless I hang millet from it, lol, but then they manage to get it down and kick it to the floor of their cage. They LOVE their finger trap forage toy I got them and that spiral rope thing though. Jade likes to move around the beads on her hanging bell thing or the side of the hammock.

TBH I only tried the once and then I was worried they’d starve and switch them back :oops: that was plain pellets but I did try some of those cake things though too with the pellets mixed in with seed and other stuff and they eventually ate those when I left them in there so maybe I’ll try again or try a different brand or something.
I'd recommend Harrison's. Or TOPs, but their x-small pellets aren't great, I get the small instead. Lafeber is not my favourite as it contains filler ingredients without much nutritional value and has some sugar too if I remember correctly.
To start out with, feed them seeds as normal on the side and grind the pellets up and sprinkle them over the seed so they get the taste of it as they dig through. Moistening the mix can help but you have to remove it after a few hours to prevent bacteria growth. Keep the bowls sanitized if you try this method.
Most birds can be switched. It just takes persistence. :)

TBH I only tried the once and then I was worried they’d starve and switch them back :oops: that was plain pellets but I did try some of those cake things though too with the pellets mixed in with seed and other stuff and they eventually ate those when I left them in there so maybe I’ll try again or try a different brand or something.
Mine are completely switched over. They used to fling them but not anymore. At first I mixed probably 75% seed feed and 25% pellet then as the food in the bowl went down only replaced with pellets. They seem to really enjoy them now. I use Harrisons Adult Lifetime Fine.

Back
Top Bottom