1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buff Brahma Bantams opinions needed.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by PoultryParadise, Dec 15, 2010.

1. PoultryParadise

PoultryParadise Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2010
    Anyone have an opinion on Buff Brahma Bantams? I have the option of buying a few, and I am not sure. How is their laying abilities? Are they tempermental? Any personal opinions on them?

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I have an accidental buff brahma bantam hen in my flock of LF brahmas. Maggie was s'pose to be LF too; guess it was an oops! at the hatchery.
    As a youngster she was a bit skittish and bossy with her sisters, but she's matured into a sweet hen. She lays as well as my LF brahma girls, which is to say very good and especially in the wintertime. Her eggs are only slightly smaller than the big girls.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  3. PoultryParadise

PoultryParadise Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2010
    hmm, glad to hear. I am mainly interested in good egg production. we don't like too many free loaders in the chicken department here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by