buff cochin roo over blue cochin hen, what would the chicks look like?

Chicken Fruit

Songster
10 Years
Feb 25, 2009
Echo Homestead
I have a beautiful buff cochin rooster that was given to me, and among other hens I have a blue cochin hen. I plan to hatch eggs after christmas and I am wondering what I might expect from that color combo? I'd love to see pictures!

I also have black australorp hens and a light brahma, and EE's that he's covering as well, if anyone has any crosses from that post some pictures!

Any time you post a question or answer a question it puts a 'dot' next to it so you know you are on that thread somewhere.
Having said that, I don't know the answer to your question, but I have a buff and grey pullet who is a Cochin-EE cross so maybe you'll get that?

Yes, anything that you post or respond to will have a dot by it just to let you know that you are on it somewhere like TerriLaChicks said.

You should get something like these hens as far as color, some may have blue instead of black and of course they would look like Cochins with featered feet and everything.

37373_100_5227.jpg

37373_100_5220.jpg

ooooo, nifty little feature on BYC!

I like those chickens! I cant wait to hatch them out.

You know, another random question is about egg color... when I cross my EE hens will the resulting pullets lay colored eggs, or no? Or maybe?

I'm not sure if they will will if you use the EE hens,(I'm not saying they won't, I just don't know), but I'm pretty sure that crossing with an EE roo on another breed would give more EEs. Make this question in a new post and see what you get.

Is it different when using a buff mom and blue dad versus buff dad and blue mom? Because I've always known buffxblue to be a beautiful blue dusted yellow color - Like countrygirl4513's:

1517_peafowl_014.jpg

Or a blue mixed with buff -
( kelliepulido 's )

7568_img_1162.jpg

Back
Top Bottom