buff cochin roo over blue cochin hen, what would the chicks look like?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Chicken Fruit, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    I have a beautiful buff cochin rooster that was given to me, and among other hens I have a blue cochin hen. I plan to hatch eggs after christmas and I am wondering what I might expect from that color combo? I'd love to see pictures!

I also have black australorp hens and a light brahma, and EE's that he's covering as well, if anyone has any crosses from that post some pictures!

2. Chicken Fruit

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    why is there a dot by my question?

3. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Any time you post a question or answer a question it puts a 'dot' next to it so you know you are on that thread somewhere.
    Having said that, I don't know the answer to your question, but I have a buff and grey pullet who is a Cochin-EE cross so maybe you'll get that?

4. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Yes, anything that you post or respond to will have a dot by it just to let you know that you are on it somewhere like TerriLaChicks said.

You should get something like these hens as far as color, some may have blue instead of black and of course they would look like Cochins with featered feet and everything.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Chicken Fruit

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    ooooo, nifty little feature on BYC!

I like those chickens! I cant wait to hatch them out.

You know, another random question is about egg color... when I cross my EE hens will the resulting pullets lay colored eggs, or no? Or maybe?

6. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I'm not sure if they will will if you use the EE hens,(I'm not saying they won't, I just don't know), but I'm pretty sure that crossing with an EE roo on another breed would give more EEs. Make this question in a new post and see what you get.

7. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    Quote:some will, some wont

8. Chicken Fruit

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    innnteresting. I cant wait to hatch some out.

9. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Is it different when using a buff mom and blue dad versus buff dad and blue mom? Because I've always known buffxblue to be a beautiful blue dusted yellow color - Like countrygirl4513's:

[​IMG]

Or a blue mixed with buff -
    ( kelliepulido 's )

[​IMG]

10. Chicken Fruit

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    Gosh those are such pretty colors!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by