Buff Orpington and blue sapphire hen or roo?

Sep 10, 2022
We have a buff Orpington and blue sapphire that I am unsure whether they are cockerels or pullets… sadly I think cockerel as they are 5 weeks in these photos. What do you think?

Attachments

• 813C81CD-E9C6-4CF8-ADF5-0DFFB2DB683A.jpeg
    813C81CD-E9C6-4CF8-ADF5-0DFFB2DB683A.jpeg
    422.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 084E4E94-A312-4D17-9326-59501C86C992.jpeg
    084E4E94-A312-4D17-9326-59501C86C992.jpeg
    479.8 KB · Views: 27
Is a blue sapphire the same as a sapphire gem? If so, they should be sex linked. Males are barred and females are solid blue.

Phone "autocorrected" incorrectly.

Is a blue sapphire the same as a sapphire gem? If so, they should be sex linked. Males are barred and females are solid blue.

Phone "autocorrected" incorrectly.
Yes sorry, I think I have been saying the wrong thing. On their label it said “blue sapphire gem”. I thought they were sex linked but I wasn’t sure. Hopefully since they are, she turns out to be a pullet 🤞

We have a buff Orpington and blue sapphire that I am unsure whether they are cockerels or pullets… sadly I think cockerel as they are 5 weeks in these photos. What do you think?
I have a hen buff Orpington and a sapphire gem cockerel 6 weeks old. I'd say yours are pullets based on the tail direction going outward and no wattle formation yet. My sapphire gem has barring . I'd love to see updated pics to see what they look like now

I have a hen buff Orpington and a sapphire gem cockerel 6 weeks old. I'd say yours are pullets based on the tail direction going outward and no wattle formation yet. My sapphire gem has barring . I'd love to see updated pics to see what they look like now
I will try to get a picture tomorrow. I am pretty darn sure that the sapphire gem is a Pullet and the buff Orpington is a cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom