Buff Orpington not growing

Dixie0831

In the Brooder
Jun 4, 2023
I have 8 chicks, 2 of which are buffs. They just hit 6 weeks old. One buff seems to be growing at a perfectly normal rate (same for all other chicks) but I have another who was a bit smaller as a newborn chick and seems to continually be behind. Looks like the chick has plateaued in growth especially over the last two weeks. Seems to be eating and drinking fine as far as I can tell but has significantly smaller feet and head and a moderately smaller body than the others. I tried giving nutridrench but the chick is exceptionally resistant to take it (by water, dropper, etc.). Does anyone have any tips or experience in this area? Is there anything I can do to help the little one along?

Here is a picture of her (small buff) with some other chicks all same aged. She does eat and drink but seems slightly less interested than her siblings despite some additional feeders/opportunities. They are still on starter w/18% protein.
IMG_20230603_182051882_HDR.jpg

Could be a runt, could be failure to thrive, hard to say.

For the Nutri-Drench, have you tried mixing it into a bit of wet feed to see if she'll take it that way?
I have tried mixing the nutridrench with wet feed, she just really isn't interested. As an update, I haven't seen her eat or drink at all the last day or two.

Back
Top Bottom