Pics
Interesting, thanks for the responses! I feel about the same; not a fan of the classic red barnyard bird like in that picture, any of those shades or in between. And yes, those were my birds. :p

That said, I don't feel like I have as strong of an aversion to the variety as I do with solid buff, personally. Like, I have some Red Cochin bantams and I don't mind them, and I don't have a problem keeping some of them around or hatching from them occasionally, but I don't go out of my way to pick red varieties of breeds if there are other options available. On the other hand, I would never purposefully get a solid buff chicken regardless of breed; I'd rather just go without if that's the only option, honestly.

Do you happen to have an example picture of this? I think it's been demonstrated here before, but, like, there are 55 pages and I'm tired 🤣 I feel like lighter buff would tread too closely to yellow for my tastes, yellow being my least favorite color so I don't think I'd personally be a fan.
Your welcome! I love this coloured birdie:
6-Week-Olds: Easter Egger
I have 1 and i lover her (Kiki)

Your welcome! I love this coloured birdie:
6-Week-Olds: Easter Egger
I have 1 and i lover her (Kiki)

Look at that beard! I love Kiki! 😍 I have a Silkie mix who has a similar pattern without the gray, but sadly also no glorious beard 😩

Gluttony sass.jpg

Okay, I can see the appeal. I do like that creamier appearance more, and that they have some texture to them, specifically the darker head and neck feathers that contrast with the lighter color. :)

I don't know what I managed to do there, but I really messed up

Haha, I almost thought you went back and quoted something and then I noticed it was my username! :gig No worries, it happens!

Back
Top Bottom