*Buff Orpington Thread!*

I am NOT an expert in anyway, shape or form, but I like Big Boy. His coloring is pretty and his saddle feathers look lovelier than the others. The last one doesn't have a side shot so I couldn't really judge. They all look beautiful though. Why don't you keep the friendliest one?
I'd keep Big Boy. He has a better comb, and is a better color. He needs much more depth of fore chest though.

First day from the outside looking in. Aphrodite & Artemus with their 5 new little friends!

ane4ujep.jpg

e8age9aj.jpg

avuvyrus.jpg

duqu9aqe.jpg

So, I have a question. Do BO's sound different?? Today they were so excited to be out spreading their wings, they were rather noisy. They sound different than my other chickens, almost like they're horse or have a dry throat. Lol But seriously, is that normal?

Hey guys, I'm new here but I started my flock out with buffs and I've fallen in love. If we ever decide to extend our flock once more I will want to get Orpingtons. They're great. Generally kind and very friendly. We had 6 chicks and ended up with three roosters. So once we got rid of the two meanest(unfortunately the meanest was the best looking) we got some bantam/americana crosses from a lady I was helping out who had WAY too many chickens. Love that I found this thread!

Here are 2 girls sired by 2 different English Orp cock birds. The pullet on the left is 8 months old, sired by Monty. The pullet on the right is 5 months old, and sired by Max, Monty's brother, who is more extreme in type. They are both out of SOP hens, and both showing a bit of "rooster wear".

Here are 2 girls sired by 2 different English Orp cock birds. The pullet on the left is 8 months old, sired by Monty. The pullet on the right is 5 months old, and sired by Max, Monty's brother, who is more extreme in type. They are both out of SOP hens, and both showing a bit of "rooster wear".

EXCELLENT comparison for differences in sire type despite being 3 months apart in age too. Both are lovely all around and notice the nice stiff main tails too!!

[COLOR=333333]Here are 2 girls sired by 2 different English Orp cock birds. The pullet on the left is 8 months old, sired by Monty. The pullet on the right is 5 months old, and sired by Max, Monty's brother, who is more extreme in type. They are both out of SOP hens, and both showing a bit of "rooster wear".[/COLOR]

I have to say, my 2nd generation hatchery orp looks pitiful in comparison. She is much blonder and not nearly as full bodied.

Very nice, thedragonlady !!!

Back
Top Bottom