*Buff Orpington Thread!*

Well done to you and Bella what a fab picture, have you entered it for the calendar, watch out for the autograph hunters lol
celebrate.gif
Thank you! And no I haven't lol

Now we know where you are from!! It has been a fun source of debate in our house ever since I noticed the beautiful backdrops to your sweet hens. There was no way that was anywhere in the US. Each time you posted a new pic, I would show the kids and the guesses were flying (pun intended!
big_smile.png
) around the house. My husband even got in no the act! You live in a lovely part of our world, a place I hope to visit some day.....when all of the college tuitions are paid that is!
wink.png
Congrats on being published! Fun! And please keep sharing....we enjoy it!
Thanks! :)

I'm getting some breeding trios of buff orpingtons and I would like some infomation on what to look for and prices

Thanks

Henry

Why do I love Buff Orpington's?  I don't think there is any sweeter bird out there.  They love to be held, cuddled, talked to, and carried around.  They are very social with humans.  They adore children.  They come when you call them.  They are silly, funny, adorable and sweet.  They are great egg layers, even in winter.  Ours have not begun to lay yet. 

Newly hatched...Jasmine, Lilly, Daisy and Dixie...
IMG_2804-2.jpg

IMG_2940.jpg

Buff Orpingtons are so sweet!...
IMG_3502.jpg

50bc5cd0.jpg

IMG_3491.jpg

We love them so much!
2764.png

IMG_4024.jpg

IMG_4078.jpg

Although they can give a good stink eye now and then...
IMG_4068.jpg

They can also pose so pretty among the flowers
IMG_4074.jpg

All the while, these special Buff Orps are loved on and cuddled constantly...
IMG_4237.jpg

At six weeks, we lost our sweet precious Lily to a predator.  I miss her so much.  /img/smilies/hit.gif
IMG_4160-1.jpg

Our remaining three continue to grow and spread joy in our lives. /img/smilies/smile.png
IMG_4663.jpg

IMG_4582.jpg

IMG_4677.jpg

Project2.jpg

IMG_4731.jpg

So here is a picture of the most loved chickens in the world.....
IMG_4782.jpg

Our Henny Penny's are 12 weeks old and our journey of pure joy continues. ✿◠‿◠

They are nice. I have 4 and one of them has turned mean and she has bitten me twice when I reach into their coop to fill up the water. They all have pecked but she is drawing blood. Not sure what to do.

Hello we have two buff orpington hens and one of them likes to jump up onto my hands and climb up to my shoulders. While she is up there she starts quickly rubbing her face on my head. She's about 7 weeks old and this behavior has only recently started. Is this something I should be conserned about or no?

Last edited:
Hello we have two buff orpington hens and one of them likes to jump up onto my hands and climb up to my shoulders. While she is up there she starts quickly rubbing her face on my head. She's about 7 weeks old and this behavior has only recently started. Is this something I should be conserned about or no?
Is she trying to burrow in your hair? I had a Golden Cuckoo Marans that did that.
Sweetest thing, lost her at 8 weeks

Unless she's trying to peck your eye out I wouldn't be concerned. I had one who would jump on my shoulder, in my arms, on my lap, etc daily. She never showed the slightest sign of aggression, she was just personable.

They are nice. I have 4 and one of them has turned mean and she has bitten me twice when I reach into their coop to fill up the water. They all have pecked but she is drawing blood. Not sure what to do.

Try picking her up. Gently and calmly talk to her or try to feed her snacks. Let her get used to you a bit and maybe she'll back off. You could try it with all your chickens.

Is she broody at all? If she is I wouldn't take it personal their hormones go all sorts of crazy.

Back
Top Bottom