Buff orpingtons 1sr egg

onestrongwriter

In the Brooder
Dec 30, 2020
I have 4 hens and a rooster of this type. How small first eggs are.so cute Compared to a single yolk of my isa. Abd i think it may be tgisbone cuz she follows me around like im her favorite person.

Attachments

• 20201231_142832.jpg
    20201231_142832.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20201231_142911.jpg
    20201231_142911.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 2
  • 20201230_232229.jpg
    20201230_232229.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 2
I got them july 28 from the local feed store. I doubt they were even a week old. So 22 23 weeks. So soon for you.
I did just switch them to layer pellets .. These were malnourished when my soon to be ex wasnt taking care of them so I had them back on medicated starter mixed with meatbird.
That's terrible, but I'm glad they have you to take better care if them! I feed my ladies 20% all flock crumbles

Thabk you.

I also get a big bag of wild bird seed. Its budget friendly and i just mix it in. We eat their eggs most of the time but sometimes i make them eggs to give them some boost. I think eggs are a huge boost for anyone. Especially if they need something protein rich to help health issues. I was looking at calcium content and layer is 4.5 and most other feeds are 1.5.

When I got these birds back they were definitely sick. I think cocci because the medicated starter really helped them not smell so bad. And their poo. I love byc. Ive been lurking probably 2 months just reading and looking to see what problems they may have had. I love this place.

Just a side note.... you shouldn’t mix the bird seed in with their food. Since you have a rooster, I would switch to flock raiser (roosters can’t have layer feed; the excess calcium doesn’t get used and causes kidney damage) and just offer the bird seed as an occasional snack. They will favor the seed and pick it out of their regular food and that can also cause them to become malnourished. Their food should always be offered plain with free choice oyster shell on the side for laying hens. All types of seed / corn / mealworms should just be an occasion treat, in moderation.
That explains so much :) Next batch i will separate it . thanks

How old is she? I have a 21 week old buff that I'm waiting not so patiently on, lol
I got them july 28 from the local feed store. I doubt they were even a week old. So 22 23 weeks. So soon for you.
I did just switch them to layer pellets .. These were malnourished when my soon to be ex wasnt taking care of them so I had them back on medicated starter mixed with meatbird.

Back
Top Bottom