Bugs & Problems With The New Platform

I appreciate all your hard work, and understand that this new format is a work in progress. These remarks are intended in the spirit of listing issues only, and are not meant as criticism of the new BYC - I am willing to give it a try for a while before I make up my mind.

New format not very compatable with my android phone browser (droid x2) . Some text appears fuzzy and difficult to read (for example lines below the avatars that read - for example - "chicken obsessed"). There is a line that reads "the rich text editor is not compatable with your browser. You may see some HTML source displayed. Any BBC code you enter will be converted to HTML when you save" when posting on a thread. I can see only a few of the emoticons when posting a reply (sorry can't do a screenshot on the phone), lined up along the right side of the reply box. And the font size is TINY, very hard to read.

I use exclusively my phone for browsing when away from work, as I have no internet access at home. I think you will find that more and more people use these devices with android systems as time goes by. Hopefully there is a way to fix these issues.

I appreciate all your hard work, and understand that this new format is a work in progress. These remarks are intended in the spirit of listing issues only, and are not meant as criticism of the new BYC - I am willing to give it a try for a while before I make up my mind.
New format not very compatable with my android phone browser (droid x2) . Some text appears fuzzy and difficult to read (for example lines below the avatars that read - for example - "chicken obsessed"). There is a line that reads "the rich text editor is not compatable with your browser. You may see some HTML source displayed. Any BBC code you enter will be converted to HTML when you save" when posting on a thread. I can see only a few of the emoticons when posting a reply (sorry can't do a screenshot on the phone), lined up along the right side of the reply box. And the font size is TINY, very hard to read.
I use exclusively my phone for browsing when away from work, as I have no internet access at home. I think you will find that more and more people use these devices with android systems as time goes by. Hopefully there is a way to fix these issues.

Download Opera or Opera turbo and all your problems shall be gone.

New format not very compatable with my android phone browser (droid x2) . Some text appears fuzzy and difficult to read (for example lines below the avatars that read - for example - "chicken obsessed").

Actually. Thats just how they are. I think it is trying to look 3D or something
hmm.png
It's a fail
roll.png

Nothing major today.

I got a PM earlier today. I got the pop up notification. On some screens it said
1 new message on others it said
0 new messages

But I was busy and didn't pay attention to which screens.

And can you post smilies from elsewhere?

I'm going to try here.

C&P code
19.gif

C&P image
19.gif

uploaded gif

Imp- now lets see what shows

ETA- apparently yes if you upload it. I see lots of albums in Imp's future.

Last edited:
Nifty, would you happen to have any ideas why my Kindle Fire wont work with this new forum? I can read the forum, but not post from my kindle...

Are you using Silk as a web browser Redhen. If that is the case it is notorious for issues and was reviewed as one of the worst for a kindle.

Secondly, kindle does not allow full web response via 3G only if it is being used Wi-Fi

Are you using Silk as a web browser Redhen. If that is the case it is notorious for issues and was reviewed as one of the worst for a kindle.

Secondly, kindle does not allow full web response via 3G only if it is being used Wi-Fi

I think i am using Wi-Fi... its going off my wireless router...
Hmmm, how do i find out what web browser Kindle uses??
I use my Kindle all the time for BYC... now i cant.. Wahhh
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom