Bugs & Problems With The New Platform

I should probably read all posts prior to replying, but I'm afraid I'll forget.

I, too, have noticed that while drafting a pm, I had the RETURN button shift the entire line on which I'd just typed DOWN a line. It was as if I'd hit 'HOME' prior to return...but at the time I was working on a mac, which requires a completely different, 2-key combination to accomplish that, so I'm certain after duplicating the problem it's the text editor.

I did not have this issue in the sandbox.

I am having this same problem, also if I hit the backspace button too quickly, it backs up lines instead of letters...it happened while I was creating my "My Chickens" page too...

I may have over looked something but when I clicked on my uploaded photos, I thought this might be a good time to delete many I no longer need or want. But I was unble to find a delete button.

You have to click on "edit album" and at the bottom there is a spot to click to delete the old album...when I did it, it gave me an error message, but it still worked...

Quote: Why were everyone's pics made public for anyone to see?

All pics moved from the old platform were made Private. If a member made their uploads album public or they uploaded pics once the conversion took place then those pics are Public. All new pics from here on out are public and if you want to have functionality of your Uploads album (old platform pics) then you must make it Public.

You don't have to save pics to an album to add them to a post though.

OK, in the grand scheme of things, I realize this may be rather insignificant, but I've noticed that for the smileys, you can't just type : and ) and get
smile.png
You have to click the smiley menu and click on whatever smiley you want to use. Is this permanent or fixable? I type way faster than I click, so this makes it somewhat of a frustration...
;)

I run an old G5 Mac. When I submit a response to someone's share I get a "There was a problem submitting this to the server. please try again" This is on all submissions. Including this one. I had to go to a different computer to post this.

OK, in the grand scheme of things, I realize this may be rather insignificant, but I've noticed that for the smileys, you can't just type : and ) and get
smile.png
You have to click the smiley menu and click on whatever smiley you want to use. Is this permanent or fixable? I type way faster than I click, so this makes it somewhat of a frustration...
;)

In your profile, you can choose rich text editor or BB code editor. I wonder if BB code editor would work better for you.

If you use the source button in the bbcode/full page editor, you see the smilies as a link to a graphic.
Like this (I broke the code so it will appear).
httq://files.backyardchickens.com/img/smilies/smile.png

It doesn't seem it's interpreting things like :) as being a smiley, but it's simply linking to a graphics file repository. I've seen other forums that do both, so either a graphic or a :) text link works, but not here. :(

If you use the source button in the bbcode/full page editor, you see the smilies as a link to a graphic.
Like this (I broke the code so it will appear).
httq://files.backyardchickens.com/img/smilies/smile.png

It doesn't seem it's interpreting things like :) as being a smiley, but it's simply linking to a graphics file repository. I've seen other forums that do both, so either a graphic or a :) text link works, but not here. :(

Yeah, but using the button is what I was trying to avoid... :/

Back
Top Bottom