Building a 4x8 Coop inside 10x10 dog kennel

MrFluffyandGirls

Songster
Dec 30, 2018
SC, Low Country
Just a idea for the floor...You can buy some inexpensive linoleum for the floor to make it easy to clean. If you lay it out 4-6 inches up the wall then you can use a water house and spray it clean when needed. I used the cheap stick on squares of it in my wooden laying boxes and it made wiping out real easy. Your project looks real good!

drinkoj

Chicken Chaser
Premium Feather Member
May 24, 2020
Upstate South Carolina
Got the coop exterior painted, HC screwed in and the overlapped it with wood scraps, made the poop board (found some tiles for the time being), created a temp roosting bar for the chicks, and moved the girls in. I will post final pictures of the coop after I get the trim painted. Then off to making the run and connecting the coop to it

Attachments

drinkoj

Chicken Chaser
Premium Feather Member
May 24, 2020
Upstate South Carolina
Done with the coop and it’s painting. As you can see the chicks found a higher spot than the simple roost I built for them. 😕
Somehow they fit into that little area and could not fly up to the roost bar with the poop board. <sigh>.
Happy chickens , happy wife.

Attachments

MrFluffyandGirls

Songster
Dec 30, 2018
SC, Low Country
Done with the coop and it’s painting. As you can see the chicks found a higher spot than the simple roost I built for them. 😕
Somehow they fit into that little area and could not fly up to the roost bar with the poop board. <sigh>.
Happy chickens , happy wife.
Yep, my new ones are roosting on a weird board above the nesting boxes, while they still fit that is. I guess that's bird brain logic! Ha,Ha! Good Job , Good Hubby!

Top Bottom