Building an incubator

franken farm

In the Brooder
6 Years
Nov 12, 2013
Burlison tn
I'm needing help in building my self a new incubator. I'm wanting to turn a fridge in to an incubator. And I'm needing to know what the watts of heater to square feet/inches . Any help in this would be great.

I'm planing on it being forced air for sure. I'm thinking I'll use 4 to 6 pcu fans at least. But I really need to know how many watts of heat I'll need.

I'm needing help in building my self a new incubator. I'm wanting to turn a fridge in to an incubator. And I'm needing to know what the watts of heater to square feet/inches . Any help in this would be great.

I'm planing on it being forced air for sure. I'm thinking I'll use 4 to 6 pcu fans at least. But I really need to know how many watts of heat I'll need.

I just finished one..Good Luck I really like mine.. scroll down to the bottom part , my first one is on top.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/homemade-incubator-4

Around here "memphis tn" most used incubators the size I need still go for 400 and I can't afford that. Not with 5 kids. Lol. I figure my sons and I can build one as a family project and save money. We made a cooler bator last year for 12 dollars. I am just wanting to find out the watts per sq feet, so I can make sure to set it up right.

Back
Top Bottom