Building my run today.

Kuntrygirl what size is your building that they sleep in/

They sleep on the roost outside. They have access to that entire structure that you see there. When it rains, they will go inside of the area (where that door is open and where that single roost is inside). But for the most part, they roost on the outside.

I’m shocked, you all are discussing about sizes which are cruelty to animals. If you are not able to build bigger aviaries then you should give away your peafowl.

The absolute aviary minimum size for one pair is 20 x 30 feed. But whenever possible it should be 900 square feed. The aviary should be as min. 8 feed tall.

Unfortunately there are no rules for peafowl and too many people are keeping the birds in undersized aviaries. In your small aviaries they have no real space for running around and displaying.

They are animals who deserve to be housed properly.

Regards
PeaChecker
Ouch! The peas being talked about in this forum are lucky compared to some I know of... I know someone that has about 25 adult peas in a 16'Wx8'Dx8'H enclosure that never gets any sun.

Please post pics of your aviary/run/pen, so that everyone can see how to properly house peas.. I'm sure everyone would LOVE to see your setup - including pics of your peas.
pop.gif
Ditto!

I don
t know where peapecker went but i know that hairco free ranges her peas so they wouldn't be in there all the time.. Just sayen
I would like more info on your setup also in case i have to build a small one like that one day..
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom