Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved reading this thread!
Oh thank you, I have tried to be helpful and put up what works and low cost. I will post a pic after I get the brooder area set up. I dont leave it up all of the time. Only when I get new chicks. I keep new chicks in the house their first week and move them out to the coop week 2.

Oh thank you, I have tried to be helpful and put up what works and low cost. I will post a pic after I get the brooder area set up. I dont leave it up all of the time. Only when I get new chicks. I keep new chicks in the house their first week and move them out to the coop week 2.
I just got done with an integration, my first one, it was great! Love being a crazy chicken lady, lol

I absolutely love your coop. It reminds me of my own setup. I very much enjoyed reading this thread.
My coop doesn't have a floor either, but I use a mixture of sand, gravel, and wood chips.
I think I may have to steal the milk crate idea.
You're so innovative! Thank you for this.

I absolutely love your coop. It reminds me of my own setup. I very much enjoyed reading this thread.
My coop doesn't have a floor either, but I use a mixture of sand, gravel, and wood chips.
I think I may have to steal the milk crate idea.
You're so innovative! Thank you for this.
Oh you are welcome! the totes worked for 7 years, but with adding more chickens I am going to need more room for another feeder later after the chicks get bigger.

We’re building a coop this weekend! Actually, we ordered one, but still have some work to do around it and so on.

I’ve been keeping the baby chicks and ducks out in the garage beneath a heat lamp and within this small structure we put together from some boards we have. They’ve been out there about two weeks!

Can’t wait to for them to see their new home!
I have to really keep an eye on my little black chickens because they’re starting to fly somewhat.

Be well, and keep “chicking” on!
Ducklingguy 🦆

PS also have a potbelly pig in need of a bigger pen, so have to do this as well! 🐷 Build one, that is!

We’re building a coop this weekend! Actually, we ordered one, but still have some work to do around it and so on.

I’ve been keeping the baby chicks and ducks out in the garage beneath a heat lamp and within this small structure we put together from some boards we have. They’ve been out there about two weeks!

Can’t wait to for them to see their new home!
I have to really keep an eye on my little black chickens because they’re starting to fly somewhat.

Be well, and keep “chicking” on!
Ducklingguy 🦆

PS also have a potbelly pig in need of a bigger pen, so have to do this as well! 🐷 Build one, that is!
They will really be happy to get to the new coop. there is always a project to be done.

Nesting_Pads_885x885_NEW_1_540x.jpg
I got these to put in the new nesting boxes.
I didnt like the wood shavings all over so I tried them.
Day one, you know how hens like to scratch up the nest? Well these got pretty roughed up. We'll see how the week goes, but the verdict is still out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom