building paradise for the birds

Pics
very nice work....I would love to try and be able to make something like that...hope one day soon.....well see how motivated I am....well going to go get some stuff to make some brooders tonight...prepping for the near future

It takes a lot. I remember watching her when I was little. So much detail work and time. Making a home depot trip today as well. Funny.

Her work is gorgeous. Is it part of your family heritage or just something she likes doing? I had been looking into egg decorating as something I could use my eggs for (because no one in my house will eat them for some reason), but I don't know if I could handle something that tiny/intricate/delicate while I'm recovering from my car accident trauma still. Does she have a website or anything with more of her work to look at?

I just finished up a new fly for a customer. Thought that I would share. Those eggs are amazing. I remember watching Reading Rainbow as a kid and seeing a Russian woman do something like that with wax and dyes. It is incredible the artistry that goes into it. Thanks for sharing!
Hope everyone likes the fly. With this one I used only feathers from a Black Shouldered IB Peacock.

Zach

I just finished up a new fly for a customer. Thought that I would share. Those eggs are amazing. I remember watching Reading Rainbow as a kid and seeing a Russian woman do something like that with wax and dyes. It is incredible the artistry that goes into it. Thanks for sharing! Hope everyone likes the fly. With this one I used only feathers from a Black Shouldered IB Peacock. Zach
So, so pretty! A true work of art.

I just finished up a new fly for a customer. Thought that I would share. Those eggs are amazing. I remember watching Reading Rainbow as a kid and seeing a Russian woman do something like that with wax and dyes. It is incredible the artistry that goes into it. Thanks for sharing!
Hope everyone likes the fly. With this one I used only feathers from a Black Shouldered IB Peacock.

Zach

That is truly a work of art and I love that its framed.... Youd never want to actually fish with something like that would you?

deb

agreed....so do you just wing the fly tying part or is there some sort of design you follow
With this pattern I planned it out somewhat before hand but the pattern itself came out of my head as an original. A lot of my fishing flies that I tie I go off of patterns and there are plenty of beautiful patterns from the late 1800's and early 1900's that look something like this but are almost always tied on much smaller hooks. I just like tying big flies so I do mostly freestyle patterns. Thanks for the compliments. I hope that the client likes it as much as I had fun tying it!

That is truly a work of art and I love that its framed.... Youd never want to actually fish with something like that would you?

deb

Deb,

Thank you very much for your compliment. I tie these flies as if I were going to fish them so in theory the fly could be fished and it would ride correctly in the water but for the most part, flies like this are just for display on the wall.

Zach

Back
Top Bottom