building paradise for the birds

there doing good....i have just been super busy putting in a bunch more perches for the pheasants...and switching over the peafowl to their new pen...cutting trees down to put in each pen....i have been away from byc for a bit....but will post some pics later tonight of the progress...thanks...have a good day...should be getting the quail today....and the other chickens tomorrow

there doing good....i have just been super busy putting in a bunch more perches for the pheasants...and switching over the peafowl to their new pen...cutting trees down to put in each pen....i have been away from byc for a bit....but will post some pics later tonight of the progress...thanks...have a good day...should be getting the quail today....and the other chickens tomorrow

I wish I had as much time as you to deal with my chickens lol. But yay on the quail! I think I'll be getting a dozen from someone in BYC, if I can get a incubator on time...

What other chickens are you getting?

just got back from getting a bunch of wood...so off to making perches and cutting down trees for the pens.pics later today...its super nice....and the peafowl are hooting

so got tons of stuff done....should be selling off the pen of red goldens.....all to just fill it with cinnamon goldens....lol....i guess im going to have to build more pens...got quail trays today, peafowl trays today...quite alot done...got some black polish white crested eggs today....now just waiting on the chicken trays...have used them all up already...so ordered some more...hope the order shows up before i have to set more eggs...well enough chatting...here are some pics.

there it is standing proud...willie....one eye willy...he truly is a small "nugget"

there not hooked up yet...was to busy but got them bleached out....i was surprised they used white...because of the fact that light can penetrate it and cause algae...figured it would have been black...would have been smarter choice for their product...i might swich it over to a black bucket after this season is done...not to hard to do

quail cages, peafowl trays, quail trays

quail trays

joker and ryah...being lazy...

red golden females

yellow golden male

yellow golden female...not sure what she was up to...but hopefully trying to figure out how to lay an egg....lol

this female just wanted to fly up and say hi when i was taking pics

lady amherst pen

red golden pen

peach golden pen

yellow golden pen

ib peafowl trio in their new pen

not to pic shy and was very easy to move them...just put them into the net...let them jump in and carried them over...about twenty feet....even the big guy with the train....worked perfectly

peafowl pen on the left ....finally done

it is getting muddy and i cant seem to find someone that actually has sand that is not frozen yet...its driving me nutz....ahhhh ....in due time...i just hope the birds dont lay yet...otherwise the eggs will not be clean...someday it will all be done and i can relax and enjoy the birds....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom