Bullie female!

chickenlittle77

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 3, 2009
wow, this is my third post in one night! i'm sorry guys just got an extra time perhaps i should've asked all of this questions in just one post! anyways, lol, i had to separate one of my 6 week female because i found a male bleeding near by his eyes, hes ok tho, but i put her with the other ones which now doesnt seem to be such a good idea right? she might bullie the others. oy vey! is there anything to be done to bullie females? besides cooking them? lol
any comment appreciated
thankx guys
i love BYC such a helpfull website

Wel, obviously cooking them is a sure cure-all. I only have a few that are bullies, and they only seem to be bullies to certain ones. So I just play musical cages until I find one that the bully or the wimp can get along in.

Just watch her, she might be fine in with the other ones.

I take a different approach with bully birds that I have breeding plans for (aka so i dont want to kill them) I take nail clippers and trip the tip of their beak off...little to no blood with only taking the tip off... it throws off the bird when it's put back in the communial pen she tries to peck at the other birds and finds out real quick that she cant grab feathers and flesh as easily as she could and in no time she's walking around all huffy and gives up
tongue.png
I've only made the mistake once (and it was only my second time trimming the beak off) where I trimmed off too much and now the hens bottom beak sticks out a cm longer than the top beak perminantly. All the others that ive had to do that to (almost one per pen when I was first grouping up the birds and in most cases it was a hen lol) I trimmed it so little that it's all grown back and the best part is after their beak grows back they normally are all peaceful with eachother
smile.png

thanx guys! it seems to be ok now, i swichted her to the younger jumbo cage, they r just 1 1/2 week younger, so so far so good. no bleeder!
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom