Impossible to say.

You asked if they would die if they snuck into the enclosure with their siblings overnight, that's what I was answering.
Okay. Got it. This morning i am just observing them, a little peck happened but seems because of the space they were able to run away and play in other spot. They are busy perching, scratching soil, dirt bathing, running around. So it seems they will be just fine. I already have at hand the Quickheal just in case there is really bleeding/wound. As i am afraid to spray it then they'll be more curious at it. (Spray will color it violet)

I just tied short their mother as she seems to have chased some chicks and peck them hard. But the chicks can have free will if they'll go near her or run away.

My top guess is that's the bullying/picking - it's the most prevalent problem picking area I see with chicks/young birds.
Will i need to separate each one? They are not yet fully feathered and only 2weeks old. I attached some photos.

Attachments

• 20210616_140619.jpg
    20210616_140619.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210616_140635.jpg
    20210616_140635.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210616_140636.jpg
    20210616_140636.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210616_140640.jpg
    20210616_140640.jpg
    468.7 KB · Views: 3
Will i need to separate each one? They are not yet fully feathered and only 2weeks old. I attached some photos.
If you know which birds are the ones causing the damage it'd be ideal to separate those out, but if they're all doing it to each other then that's going to be much more difficult.

Do you happen to know the protein % in your feed that the chicks are eating? Is that information available on your feed bags?

If you know which birds are the ones causing the damage it'd be ideal to separate those out, but if they're all doing it to each other then that's going to be much more difficult.

Do you happen to know the protein % in your feed that the chicks are eating? Is that information available on your feed bags?
Integra 1000 is 21.5% min CP
Baby Stag Booster 22% min CP

I have those two mixed together. Will feed until they are a month old.

I can't tell which one, they seem to peck it out of nowhere when they are close to each other.

Yeah not sure what else to suggest at this point. The protein is good, but just seems that maybe space and/or boredom are an issue. Sorry I can't think of what else to do.

Yeah not sure what else to suggest at this point. The protein is good, but just seems that maybe space and/or boredom are an issue. Sorry I can't think of what else to do.
Will they be better if each has its own cage? I am concerned as they are not yet fully feathered and at night time it usually rains (cooler temp).

Back
Top Bottom