Bumble Foot and birds used for food?

LTAY1946

Chicken Wrangler
Premium Feather Member
Sep 8, 2022
South Alabama
Is there any know danger of using a chicken that has bumble foot for human food? I know that Mareks is safe but Bumble Foot is Staph and Staph can infect humans. Does cooking kill any chance of contamination?

Cooking pretty well kills all the bacteria, and viruses. Especially since chicken is not cooked like rare steaks. BTW,, I do not eat RARE STEAKS. I know they are supposed to be tender,,,,,,,, My meats need to have plenty of fire added. I don't mind eating slightly tougher, meat,,, rather than RAW. :old
I also do not eat Sushi ... Now If I took a piece of Sushi, and tossed onto a hot frying pan,,,, I would eat it then :thumbsup

My only use for Sushi is for fish bait. :yesss: I do eat raw vegetables but no raw meats of any kind. I think this bumble foot rooster is going in the pressure cooker to be safe. Should make good dumplings.

Consider making chicken soup,,, Yum Yum Yum.. We eat chicken soup here at home regularly. Shout out if you need ideas on making the soup :highfive:
It is not anything like Campbells chicken noodle soup from a can.
I don't care for using a pressure cooker for my Chicken soup. Reason;;; The broth turns out cloudy. When I slow cook my chicken soup, the broth is clear,
Just a quick note; I slow cook my soup for about 3 hours, after it comes to boil.
The meat is also tender and falls off the bones.:old:yesss:

Consider making chicken soup,,, Yum Yum Yum.. We eat chicken soup here at home regularly. Shout out if you need ideas on making the soup :highfive:
It is not anything like Campbells chicken noodle soup from a can.
I don't care for using a pressure cooker for my Chicken soup. Reason;;; The broth turns out cloudy. When I slow cook my chicken soup, the broth is clear,
Just a quick note; I slow cook my soup for about 3 hours, after it comes to boil.
The meat is also tender and falls off the bones.:old:yesss:
My wife has one of those big roasters that she may use and fill it with a whole bird and dumplings. I don't know the process but know enough not to meddle with what she does best and is very good at chicken and dumplings. I think she slow cooks the chicken and then adds the dumplings.

Back
Top Bottom