Bumblefoot and/or pigment spots?

Razzlefrazzle

Songster
Nov 18, 2022
Hi all, my girl Pokey has had some bumblefoot issues lately (the usual scab in the center pad of her feet) but I had thought I'd finally gotten the scabs healed, however now she's getting a bunch of dark spots on the bottom of her feet mostly to the sides and on her toes, and on one foot a lot more than the other. Some of it just looks like pigmentation (although she always had plain old yellow feet so not sure why she'd be getting spots now), but others look more ominous to me, though none of them seem scabby... She's out and about during the day, but has been sleeping on foam since I found the bumble and I've started soaking her feet in an epsom salt bath again (had stopped when the scabs looked gone), but haven't noticed any change. In general she's looking and acting fine, but that was also the case when I found the initial bumblefoot during a regular checkup. Thanks for any help.

IMG-3737.jpg
IMG-3748.jpg

Looks to me like just pigments. As it’s all over the foot.
Bubble foot is like a nasty lump/zit. They usually fill with puss.
Thanks for the reply. I'm just a little worried because I've never seen a chicken's feet change like that before and it's happening right after a bumblefoot infection. Would make me feel a lot better if I knew getting random pigment spots was a normal(ish) thing that can happen and not indicative of a health issue.

Thanks for the reply. I'm just a little worried because I've never seen a chicken's feet change like that before and it's happening right after a bumblefoot infection. Would make me feel a lot better if I knew getting random pigment spots was a normal(ish) thing that can happen and not indicative of a health issue.
Your welcome. That’s why we’re here. :)

As long as there’s no more pussy lump, (cause it sounds like you knew what that looked like) they should be okay. Some chickens just have pigment on their feet.

You might have to look closely on Yuzu’s feet.
43A194B3-F779-4920-B0D4-557C37A9C3FF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom