You are doing great! But you do need to try and get the pus out. After you soak the foot and remove the scab, try popping it like a pimple. Sounds gross but the pus needs to come out. It will be hard, like cheese, and might come out in a kernel shape. Then antibiotics and rewrap it. Wear gloves, bumble is a staph infection, no need to give it to yourself!

It won't start to heal up until that is done, but since the chickens weren't in distress before, you should be OK to leave it until tomorrow.
ok i just came in from trying to squeeze the puss, but there was nothing that came out, i didnt even feel anything hard there, just some pink skin, so i bandaged it back up, rosie did not like that, she kept pulling her foot away, i dont think there was a kernel in there

:hugsDeep breath,You are overwhelmed and frustrated. Thats ok,Lots of us have been their! Bumblefoot is curable. My old roo has it all the time! I soak, clean, pull scab off,antibiotic and bandage.For my bandages I use gauze, vet wrap and paper medical tape. You have been hit with alot,but your getting through it! Would love:love to have one of you silkie roos!I'm to far away:hit
the little silkie roos are sooooooo cute....

:loveI have been wanting one for Ms.Fluffy Butt! She is a black silkie with some serious attitude.LOL
i have a white silkie and 2 black silkies IMG_5504.JPG IMG_5507.JPG

Bumblefoot is small fry compared to all of that other stuff you've dealt with. You got this for sure! I have a Cochin who has bumblefoot a few times. You are getting great advice, and you are doing everything right so far.

When my girl gets it, I don't even separate her. The vet wrap stays on, and she can go about her business. Vet wrap is good stuff. My girl's feet are heavily feathered, and that wrap doesn't budge. I just make sure not to wrap it too tight by checking that her toes are still warm.

Keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom