Bumblefoot

goose321

Songster
6 Years
Sep 11, 2017
Hello does anyone know how to cure the beginning stages of bumblefoot. There is no black scab. I have tried soaking her feet in Epsom salts however it doesn’t seem to be helping. If you could please share what worked for you that would be great? Also on a completely unrelated topic my goose who is fed completely on mazuri waterfowl maintenance feed has green droppings. I know that green dropping are normal when geese are fed green treats or out grazing however this goose hasn’t been doing either of those things recently and her poo is still green. Is something wrong? Thanks for all your help.

I'm interested in your bumblefoot question. I have a hen with the same issue - limping, but no scab. I've also posted, but will also follow your post.

719ADC2F-24B5-411B-B750-C2F4FFAA1D8A.jpeg

I had a hen who was showing early signs of bumblefoot, I soaked her foot in warm water (with Epsom salt added) and sprayed her foot with Vetericyn once every day. I also wrapped her foot up and after a couple of days she was completely fine :)

If you see the bumble you can try drawing salve. Some people swear by it. I didn’t have much luck with it but it may work better on early stages.
A good Epsom salt soak softens the foot. I find applying pressure around the outside of the bumble to try and push it out works. Not squeezing but downward pressure. I’m not for cutting it out unless it’s a last resort.

Thanks for the replies. I will definitely try drawing salve and vetericyn on her feet. Do either of you know about the green poo? I was wondering if it could be a sign that she needs to be wormed. How often do geese need to be wormed? And what do you guys use to worm your waterfowl?

There hasnt been any more abnormal green poo since I posted this however the past couple of days she has had poo like this on and off. It is extremely smelly. The only thing that has changed regarding her diet is the fact that she is now foraging outside as well as eating her normal food.
84CDCFD7-9136-4F5C-B4A2-93B18434B044.jpeg
B390E34A-1E82-44F9-B467-A3E5273EEBEC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom