Bumblefoot

Clmirabilio92

Songster
5 Years
Mar 27, 2019
Hi there, a few months ago when I lived in florida my ducks got cuts on their feet and got them infected and it turned into bumblefoot. I soaked all three of them in epsom salt water for a week and it seemed like it was getting better after that. Everything went back to normal. Now, a few months later I live in a cooler state and one of them seems to have those problems with bumblefoot again. I dont know if she cut it open again or what's going on, it doesnt look red or infected, but her leg is swollen and hot. I read that it happens when the duck has an infection. I went back and soaked all three of them in epsom salt. I will continue to do that for a week again. What are the chances that she will get better again? Since her legs are swollen does that mean she is getting a blood infection? I'm so upset, I thought I helped them months ago and now it's back. I do not want to lose any of my girls to this. :(

There was only one vet I found around me that will look at birds and I haven't been able to get ahold of anyone right now. What kind of antibiotics could I give them? I'm so afraid the others are going to become the same way and I'm going to lose them all 🥺

Rarely does bumble just clear up with soaking only. She may need an antibiotic along with soaks. Is a vet an option?

When my Runner has a bumble she was given Clavamox and Meloxicam after 7 days I opened the foot and got the bumble out then she finished her meds. Can you post a picture of what your talking about.

I will try to take a picture as soon as I can catch her. How would i quarantine her? I've quarantined a chicken but never a duck before.

When my Runner has a bumble she was given Clavamox and Meloxicam after 7 days I opened the foot and got the bumble out then she finished her meds. Can you post a picture of what your talking about.

Can anyone help

My duck has bumble foot, we have had abtibiotics for it howevr this still remains?? Ive read to soak in epsom and try to get the plug out using idoine etc.. vets are being no help what so ever.. is it normal gor the scab to remain after antibiotics.
Im sure its got a lot bigger?

Attachments

• 20200526_153237.jpg
    20200526_153237.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 19
Can anyone help

My duck has bumble foot, we have had abtibiotics for it howevr this still remains?? Ive read to soak in epsom and try to get the plug out using idoine etc.. vets are being no help what so ever.. is it normal gor the scab to remain after antibiotics.
Im sure its got a lot bigger?
That is an enormous scab. Your vet couldn't do anything to help other than antibiotics!? She needs attention right away and I hope someone on the forum can help you. I've only worked on much smaller bumbles. So sorry for your poor duckie!

That is an enormous scab. Your vet couldn't do anything to help other than antibiotics!? She needs attention right away and I hope someone on the forum can help you. I've only worked on much smaller bumbles. So sorry for your poor duckie!
Thank you so much for replying !!! No they have been so awful! Its due to covid 19 they refuse to see him. I honestly dont know what to do

Back
Top Bottom