How did it go?
Sorry I didn't get back to you about the pictures, will try to do that today.
Here is a picture of our setup while rapping and what one of my chickens look like after rapping, though you'res will look diffrent as you are rapping a duck:
20210602_203159.jpg
20210602_203251.jpg

The first night we got a tad out and really loosened a lot of the necrotic tissue, it was like a large bulk piece. Whilst I was at work my sister managed to get it out yesterday, she said it don’t hurt him one bit! At the moment it looks a lot clearer, just worried about the coughing and wheezing he’s doing from time to time.. could be a respiratory infection. I’ve got a feeling I may have the bulk of the infection out with the large piece that was removed :)

Right!
The actual bumblefoot is looking better but his foot (last deformed one from the bumblefoot) and middle toe are still swollen. I’ll upload a photo when I take him out of his soak but does it mean the infection is still there? Can the swelling remain? His foot is still hot but not as hot as previous.. if that makes sense. Do you think once it’s fully healed he will always have his limp due to the deformity in his toe now?

What are we thinking? Just removed some more white which could possibly be the infection?

Attachments

• E8D8F14C-7AC9-4137-8F2B-023E31AAD62A.jpeg
    E8D8F14C-7AC9-4137-8F2B-023E31AAD62A.jpeg
    434.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 36387C07-E13B-4210-B11E-00A10E52754B.jpeg
    36387C07-E13B-4210-B11E-00A10E52754B.jpeg
    420.6 KB · Views: 11
I just want to say to anyone battling with bumblefoot... DO NOT GIVE UP! and do not take a vets advice! If I had my duck would’ve been put to sleep now. As I continued looking every couple of days it seemed the infection was rising to the surface and now I’m left with this tiny hole. With perseverance, no matter how severe it is, you can treat it. Of course I would advise the antibiotics alongside, but if your duck is tame enough and trusts you enough, it’s something /YOU/ can do without a vet and their extortionate prices.

Attachments

• B9CF3740-2DBD-43D4-B37B-9CF8CDD0919A.jpeg
    B9CF3740-2DBD-43D4-B37B-9CF8CDD0919A.jpeg
    299 KB · Views: 10
I just want to say to anyone battling with bumblefoot... DO NOT GIVE UP! and do not take a vets advice! If I had my duck would’ve been put to sleep now. As I continued looking every couple of days it seemed the infection was rising to the surface and now I’m left with this tiny hole. With perseverance, no matter how severe it is, you can treat it. Of course I would advise the antibiotics alongside, but if your duck is tame enough and trusts you enough, it’s something /YOU/ can do without a vet and their extortionate prices.
Looking good! Yes their are a lot of things you can do without the help of a vet, but sometimes vets' are the best way to go.

The vet wanted me to charge upwards of £700 to remove the necrotic tissue and the infection. I reckon it would’ve taken them more than one attempt to remove all the infection like myself too. For sure I needed them for the antibiotics but if I’d have taken her advice, he wouldn’t even be in this world anymore.

Back
Top Bottom