Bumblefoot??

Could it be from wrapping? If its on both feet in the same spot, it makes me wonder if the wrap is digging into her foot there.
Maybe previously. Im very very cautious about that, i know for a fact its not to tight because most of the time she can just shake the wrapping off by flicking her foot, which causes me to redo the process.
They’re better now, but definitely not to tight. Maybe it might be to heavy in the area, not to sure. But i was flaking it off, and it was not deep, just like connected to the skin.

Maybe previously. Im very very cautious about that, i know for a fact its not to tight because most of the time she can just shake the wrapping off by flicking her foot, which causes me to redo the process.
They’re better now, but definitely not to tight. Maybe it might be to heavy in the area, not to sure. But i was flaking it off, and it was not deep, just like connected to the skin.
Maybe just a run from a previous wrap then. Looks like a moist scab to me from the photos.

Is she having trouble walking?
Not that i can see, before she seemed a little odd walking, when i first discovered that she had bumble foot, but i hear thats normal. I see no troubles with walking now. Sometimes, she might not run as much as the others, and stay a bit behind, so i usually carry her, just because i want to make it easier for her. But no limping, holding it up, etc.

Sorry, again. I just really need help with something.. @Weeg
I saw what i think is 2 black dots (one on each foot, i think.) in the middle of Ems feet, they are super tiny, like a tiny tiny speck. And im worried, does bumblefoot start small like that? I will take pictures if needed, the other foot was dirty so i couldn’t see it as well.
Keep in mind shes a bantam cochin, she has feathered legs and is VERY sassy. Im worried, because if it is bumblefoot, i just don’t have time for it, i have so much going on right now. And, she has feathered legs, so wrapping and soaking would just be so hard. :(

Sorry, again. I just really need help with something.. @Weeg
I saw what i think is 2 black dots (one on each foot, i think.) in the middle of Ems feet, they are super tiny, like a tiny tiny speck. And im worried, does bumblefoot start small like that? I will take pictures if needed, the other foot was dirty so i couldn’t see it as well.
Keep in mind shes a bantam cochin, she has feathered legs and is VERY sassy. Im worried, because if it is bumblefoot, i just don’t have time for it, i have so much going on right now. And, she has feathered legs, so wrapping and soaking would just be so hard. :(
Can you post some photos? It does start small, I hope its not bumble foot!
Don't worry about it, I'm happy to help. :)
If it is bumble foot, I think you should look in your setup for what the cause is. Anything sharp, or pokey thats cutting their feet could be the cause. Or anything high they are jumping from. Such a roosts, etc.

Can you post some photos? It does start small, I hope its not bumble foot!
Don't worry about it, I'm happy to help. :)
If it is bumble foot, I think you should look in your setup for what the cause is. Anything sharp, or pokey thats cutting their feet could be the cause. Or anything high they are jumping from. Such a roosts, etc.
I will, doing Rizo again, i managed to gently pull some areas upwards (not out of the foot yet, but its pulled up) of her plug. I will after im done.

Thank you! I will, roosts are a bit high, but they have multiple to jump on to get to it. Maybe theres wood splinters that came off from building the coop, i’ll check.

And it would be okay to not do it in one bit? Plucking multiple pieces off would work to, right?

I will, doing Rizo again, i managed to gently pull some areas upwards (not out of the foot yet, but its pulled up) of her plug. I will after im done.

Thank you! I will, roosts are a bit high, but they have multiple to jump on to get to it. Maybe theres wood splinters that came off from building the coop, i’ll check.

And it would be okay to not do it in one bit? Plucking multiple pieces off would work to, right?
Thats good progress! Thats all I was able to do with my Maran hen. Here's would never come out fully, I just had to chip away at it.

How high are the roosts? Could you install a ramp of sorts so that they don't have to fly/jump to and from the roosts? If splintering on the roosts is a problem, sanding them down, or wrapping in rope are two solutions I've heard of in the past.

Back
Top Bottom