Bumblefoot??

@Weeg i think Em has it :hit
I only see it on one foot. View attachment 3113801
Its just a small thing, she has feathered legs so im not sure how great wrapping and soaks will go for her.

Also, she ignored me (and still is) for lifting her up to take that picture (cause i held down her wings) so i think im going to have a hard time holding her like i do Rizo.. She will despise me.
Ya, they looks like very minor bumble foot. I would soaks and drawing salve. Maybe scrape off the top layer so that the calendula oil can really soak in. You shouldn’t have r to do any digging with her though.

Ya, they looks like very minor bumble foot. I would soaks and drawing salve. Maybe scrape off the top layer so that the calendula oil can really soak in. You shouldn’t have r to do any digging with her though.
Okay. Thank you.
No wrapping?

I will scrape it off gently with a scalpel, really glad i caught it. I would be destroyed if i had to do what im doing to Rizo to her. (Not favoritism, i would never favorite any of my chickens over another, Em is just better then every chicken i own and everyone else isn’t as good. 🙄)

Okay. Thank you.
No wrapping?

I will scrape it off gently with a scalpel, really glad i caught it. I would be destroyed if i had to do what im doing to Rizo to her. (Not favoritism, i would never favorite any of my chickens over another, Em is just better then every chicken i own and everyone else isn’t as good. 🙄)
Definitely wrap. 🙂 You may want to trim some feathers to make it easier.

Weeg, i have made some progress on Rizos foot, (also, not good with a scalpel. Cut myself like 5 times.:lol:)

But, on Emmers. She didn’t last long in the soak, at all. And i was VERY limited on time for wrapping her foot, i had about 15 seconds before she flipped out and i had to set down her foot.
At the moment, i could only wrap one.
Good news: the bumble came off, i just put my fingernail there and gave barely any force and it came off perfectly fine. I think thats great! Im still going to continue to work on it though, because of her other foot, to.

Bad news: the other foot looks like it has a escar on the toe?? Its really weird. I’ll take pictures later.

Weeg, i have made some progress on Rizos foot, (also, not good with a scalpel. Cut myself like 5 times.:lol:)

But, on Emmers. She didn’t last long in the soak, at all. And i was VERY limited on time for wrapping her foot, i had about 15 seconds before she flipped out and i had to set down her foot.
At the moment, i could only wrap one.
Good news: the bumble came off, i just put my fingernail there and gave barely any force and it came off perfectly fine. I think thats great! Im still going to continue to work on it though, because of her other foot, to.

Bad news: the other foot looks like it has a escar on the toe?? Its really weird. I’ll take pictures later.
Thats good, I'm glad your getting Rizo on the road to recovery! Yay! Hahaha, I can't image I'd be too good with it either. :lol:

Did you have her head covered? Always cover their heads. When I do it, I sit on the ground with my legs straight out in front of them. Wrap a towel around their head and neck, and flip them on their backs feet facing me between my legs. Then I hold them there between my legs. They fail a bit in the begging, but typically calm down and lay there until. I'm done.
I'm glad you were able to get the bumble out! Thats very encouraging. :yesss:

Thats good, I'm glad your getting Rizo on the road to recovery! Yay! Hahaha, I can't image I'd be too good with it either. :lol:

Did you have her head covered? Always cover their heads. When I do it, I sit on the ground with my legs straight out in front of them. Wrap a towel around their head and neck, and flip them on their backs feet facing me between my legs. Then I hold them there between my legs. They fail a bit in the begging, but typically calm down and lay there until. I'm done.
I'm glad you were able to get the bumble out! Thats very encouraging. :yesss:
Thank you!

Yes, i did. But in all honesty, i have a lot of sympathy for Em. So im kind of biased, and don’t go very hard on her like i do on Rizo.

It is! Im so happy!

Back
Top Bottom