Bumblefoot??

kgrueber27

Hatching
Apr 16, 2015
Florida, USA
I think my turkey has bumblefoot. I'm not totally sure what to do for him. Hes a bronze so hes heavy. My first turkeys. They're pets. I just really dont know what to do for him.

I have 2 other turkeys, a bronze hen and a royal palm hen, 2 ducks, and a rooster that i dont want getting this problem. I fear the bronze hen might have it too. If i treat it do you think he will just get it again? I wanna do what's best for him...

That poor bird... It does look like bumblefoot, but I'm unfamiliar with it in turkeys.

I do know that in chickens, the core of the infection must be 100% removed before the wound will start to heal.

You can YouTube bumblefoot surgeries and use the search bar at the top of the forum to look at the huge number of bumblefoot threads on the site.

Sorry about your turkey, but welcome to BYC. :)

MrsB

My father has done multiple surgeries at home. Just look it up. Hope you don't have a weak stomach! It should be something like: clean, cut around "kernel", squeeze out kernel and drain. Be sure that's what it is first. Make sure to keep clean and it may return just to do the procedure again. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom