Bump on My Dog's Leg??

Savannah Hayley

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 2, 2014
Hi everybody. Just yesterday I noticed a hairless bump on my dog's leg.

Does anybody have any idea what this might be? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Probably a benign growth. You might want to take her to a vet to get a biopsy done to be sure though, and possibly removed if it starts to bother her. Is it irritated/does it hurt her when you squeeze it? Getting it removed would probably not cost that much, and if your vet is updated on their techniques, she or he can probably just numb the leg and remove the growth without needing to put the dog to sleep.

It would be very wise to get it checked by a vet, get it biopsied. Then you'll know exactly what it is and whether or not it has to be removed. We can all take a wild guess at what it is but without a biopsy that's all it is, a lot of guessing.

Last edited:
Giving that it showed up so quickly, I would be inclined to take her in and get it checked out. It's very possible it is a bug bite, but if it is a rapid growing growth, you don't really want to wait around to see if it goes alway. A simple physical exam and biopsy will give a good idea of what's going on and will help you decide how to proceed.

Back
Top Bottom