1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Burping Chicken?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by RidgeRunner Hen, Sep 1, 2011.

1. RidgeRunner Hen

RidgeRunner Hen Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2010
    Ok seriously...I have a hen that sounds like she is hissing/burping....she is acting fine. Eating, drinking, laying....any ideas...???

2. m_shuman

m_shuman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    Springfield, GA
    Haven't heard mine burp but I have heard mine sneeze. Picture this big, manly roo making these cute feminine noises! totally funny! So I am sure they burp too. Just haven't heard it yet.

3. ginger c.

ginger c. Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Alabama
    Quote:I haven't heard mine burp either... but I've seen mine throw up... all over another one's back. lol. It was gross! [​IMG]

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Oh yeah, I had a pullet that used to burp while she was drinking. I watched her as she was taking a drink and she was swallowing air every time she swallowed. So right after the water went down, she would expel the air and thus a burp! [​IMG]

As she grew up, she learned how to drink with out swallowing so much air. I haven't heard any burping lately. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by