But I don't want a cat. pg3-Graphic pics. Pg 1, last update.

Poodles shed too if they are groomed regularly. No, I have an American Hairless Terrier that I imported & she is the perfect companion, she's like a child to me. I could never have that bond with a haired dog but with her, I can kiss her & let her on the bed with no worries. When I first got her, I washed her twice a day with no skin problems occurring but now that she isn't at work with me in the dairy & I've gotten used to her smell, I rarely bath her. Usually only when she comes up to me while I'm in the shower. I've always been purely a bird person.
If I wanted a cat, I would get a sphinx but this is a mercy save. I'm also hesitant to take him away because he's doing such a good job of controlling the mice & rat populations. I've tried every kind of poison this month & they wont touch it. Guess the milk powder & cow poop is too tasty for them to bother with mere poison. I had him on my lap again this morning & there were just clouds of hair coming off him.

Funny you mention sphinx because that is the breed I had been saving and planning for when that lil cat crossed my path...spent my sphinx fund on him and then some and will never regret it.

Is the no-hair thing because of allergies? Having some severe allergies myself I could completely relate.

Aren't orange kittens usually male? I can't remember if it was a friend or my old vet that told me that when my Shepherd found an orange kitten under a bridge when we were hiking.

If the hair is a huge issue, then I don't know what else you could do besides place an add for it, free to good home. It will likely require a worming and it's kittens shots at the minimum. Every kitten I ever took in from outside also needed treatment for bacterial infections. Then later on a neuter, can be costly if there isn't a low cost clinic around. Here we have a place the does cats for $30 and big dogs for $75. Then there is also testing for feline specific things, FIV is one.

I'm not a cat person AT ALL. But I'll fix the stray kittens and find them a home, even if it takes months to do so. I haven't kept any of them, the longest was Jazzy and Abbi for 4 months, they even moved with us to another state. Abby my vet pawned off on me when I took Jazzy in! She had a crate of feral kittens in the lobby that hadn't moved since the last time I was in with one of the dogs. I took pity and took the one that didn't hiss at Jazzy. She let me pet her after 2 weeks.. she was still very feral and made faster friends with the dogs than the humans.

Once you're feeling an attachment, it's hard to let them be when you know it's no good. That's how I always get stuck with kittens.

Quote:
There is a high percentage of males that are orange, but you can also get females. It really depends on the parents and their background. I had a stray litter with 2 orange males and 2 orange females, and a calico and a tortoiseshell. The father was Orange and the mother was a Calico.

Normally, all calicos are female. You only get about 10% of males with that coloring.

Looks to me like YOU have been adopted. Pretty much not up to you at this point. You only have 2 choices: feed it & let it stay....

OR don't feed it & let nature take it's course.

Personally, I am too big of a softie to ignore a hungry creature. Heck, I even feed the wild birds in the winter.

Feeding isn't the issue. He gets milk & cat food twice a day. It's bringing him into my house that bothers me. Right now I'm in a tiny caravan because that is all that's available on the property at the moment so there's barely room for me, nevermind the house chicken & dog I already have. Most of my clothes, furniture & appliances are in a horse trailer outside. Then add a hairy cat into the picture..sigh.

UPDATE:
So last night I decided to bring him inside cause I couldn't find anyone to take him & he was getting bold while chasing the rats so it was a matter of time before the dogs got him. As soon as I made that decision, I knew that I had doomed him as I have ridiculously bad luck of almost mythical proportions. Therefore I went to work this morning with trepidation & as I had half expected, he was nowhere to be found. I called all over but nothing. My top suspects were my bosses mother & a particular cat killing dog. I accused both of them but it seems that the dog won as when I went to work this evening & half heartedly called for the cat in the office, I heard a faint meow. I wasn't sure if it was just my boot that squeaked so I kept calling & as I was about to give up, was rewarded by another faint meow. It was so faint that I thought he was in the ceiling but after looking there, I moved to the top of the cupboard & found him hiding there. He was badly injured & I took him to the vet after work.
The images below are graphic: These are the major ones, the are some minor ones too.

One side:

003.jpg

Other side:
002.jpg

After a hefty vet bill, He is now sitting in his new cat condo with turkey & giblets wet catfood looking like a drowned & miserable cat. If he gets over the shock & doesn't have internal injures that we missed, he should survive.
his name is Señor Pussy Cat with a "Puss in Boots" accent as that's what I called him in the dairy but I need a nice nickname for him that's not common.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom