But which one is best? There's only one way to find out....

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DrChickenKev, Mar 12, 2012.

1. DrChickenKev

DrChickenKev Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2011
    Ok, so Daffy the muscovy drake decided that the WHOLE garden is now his and, apart from me, no other animal was allowed in... and then we realised that Tess the dog didnt get the memo...

[​IMG]

So Daffy decided to explain the new rules to her...

[​IMG]

Physically...

[​IMG]

It was following this photo that Tess the dog had had enough and took the duck's neck in her mouth, and gently persuaded the drake to try a different tactic...

Apologies I didnt get a picture of that episiode as I wanted to make sure both animals were ok... suffice to say I was most impressed with Tess as she wasnt aggressive although the drake still is aggresive to her, so we might have to fence them in a little...

2. we had a drake magpie like that, i had to throw him by his neck to get him stop flogging me. Our husky Teka would drag them by their necks [​IMG] or tails, they never got hurt, but Ruby (the DRAKE LOL, thought it was a pullet) would flog who ever went near 'His' hens Lol

3. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

That is just too great for words. [​IMG]

4. nickie

nickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    north central KY
    I love it!

5. DrChickenKev

Oct 5, 2011

Yeh, been advised to pin the males down so they dont get the idea they're boss; we have two cockerels as well (with their respective girls) and its the same with them, so my role currently is:-

• Pack leader to the dog;
    • Prententious a*se to the cats;
    • Top cockerel to the chickens;
    • Top drake to the muscovies; and
    • Mother to Jools the duckling, although she's now fully grown, but she still runs after me, bless her

6. well hopefully the drake we get his year wont be brat, if so,hes gonna regret it

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Their all brats when they get to mating age, that testosterone just makes them that way, but as the summer comes to an end so does the spike in hormones... Wait it's not even spring yet, boy do we have a long way to go.. [​IMG]

8. LoL, poor you, well ya never know, we might get a brat who knows "If you touch her, she pins you down you throws in the air, how about I stay away from her..." AKA a smart brat Lol

9. DrChickenKev

Oct 5, 2011

No, males need to know that YOU are the boss, and yes they are all brats, funny brats though...

10. LOL

wow, such hope [​IMG]
    It'll be fun throwing a duck again [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by