Butchering your roosters!

I really have looked into it but my local hatchary has a good line of them but all unsexed so I only want a couple pullets and I'd have to buy 4 to get that and then cull to roosters. The ones I got I was able to get sexed. It's iffy. Figure I'l mix Chanti in the 2nd breeding set.

I really have looked into it but my local hatchary has a good line of them but all unsexed so I only want a couple pullets and I'd have to buy 4 to get that and then cull to roosters. The ones I got I was able to get sexed. It's iffy. Figure I'l mix Chanti in the 2nd breeding set.
I don't butcher myself, as I don't have the heart to do it.Im a animal lover and just can't do it.

BUT I do not find it to be Cruel.I find it much better, because, well, do you relize where our meat is coming from these days?Shoved in tiny crates, killed, sent to CHINA to be processed and then sent back?!
And, it helps get rid of extra roosters that aren't needed.If a rooster isn't needed, all he is going to do is sit there and wait for something.

Sorry about my little ramble :)

Anyway, try MyPetChicken, Im pretty sure they have sexed Chancerlers

Lol I don't have it in me to buy and have chicks shipped when my hatchery .5 miles away has the breed lol But thanks for the suggestion.

I understand the not having the heart for the killing. I certainly won't enjoy it/I grew up in farmy ways and have gotten used to not getting attached to things that will be meals. They are treated well, just not allowed to become loved pets. Is the same with pigs, cows, sheep or anything else I'd raise with intent to eventually slaughter for meat.

I don't butcher myself, as I don't have the heart to do it.Im a animal lover and just can't do it.

BUT I do not find it to be Cruel.I find it much better, because, well, do you relize where our meat is coming from these days?Shoved in tiny crates, killed, sent to CHINA to be processed and then sent back?!
And, it helps get rid of extra roosters that aren't needed.If a rooster isn't needed, all he is going to do is sit there and wait for something.

Sorry about my little ramble :)

Anyway, try MyPetChicken, Im pretty sure they have sexed Chancerlers
I appreciate those, like you, that can respectfully disagree. Thank you for that.

Back
Top Bottom