Buyer Beware!!!...Chicken Coops NW

Dealing with My Urban Farmers was a horrible experience. I'm not out any money, but it took a while and was a learning experiencece. I learned early on in the process of dealing with the Hyatts, to have no verbal contact with them - written only.
I had a problems with this company. Did you pay with a credit card? If so, contact your credit card company and ask them to help you. After talking with them a few times, I stopped talking with them and communicated via email.

We bought our coop from Amish builders which are fairly common here in the Northeast.
It was not cheap---$1300 for a 4x6 foot (not counting egg box) structure.
But it is built like a brick ****house. Insulated roof, architectural shingles, Duratemp siding, working windows, hydraulic lift on very heavy egg box lid. Everything is heavy and tight and solid. I went out there after heavy rains and winds and the inside was nice and dry.
Yes, I looked at the Tractor Supply ones. Cute and a lot less expensive, yeah, but.... :(
My husband is capable of building just about anything---we have gutted and redone two homes entirely, from the studs in and out. Bathrooms, kitchens, beautiful sheds, etc, etc, etc.
But health problems have necessitated a dialing down of the big projects so we bit the bullet and bought a coop. He is crazy meticulous about his projects (he went out in the dark and laser-levelled the chicken run structure) and we visited numerous coop dealers before we settled on one. The coop was made to order (we switched the standard pop door and people door positions, chose the structure material, color, roofing shingles, etc). We skipped any extras that we were willing to do ourselves.
I am so sorry that people are being ripped off by these unscrupulous companies. And $600 is not something most of us can toss into the wind!!! Really sad to hear that so many are being deceived!!
This is the company that built our coop:
http://www.thehenhousecollection.com/
Here it is---last week, with the run in progress:
chicken coop and run 7-3-2017.jpg

We bought our coop from Amish builders which are fairly common here in the Northeast.
It was not cheap---$1300 for a 4x6 foot (not counting egg box) structure.
But it is built like a brick ****house. Insulated roof, architectural shingles, Duratemp siding, working windows, hydraulic lift on very heavy egg box lid. Everything is heavy and tight and solid. I went out there after heavy rains and winds and the inside was nice and dry.
Yes, I looked at the Tractor Supply ones. Cute and a lot less expensive, yeah, but.... :(
My husband is capable of building just about anything---we have gutted and redone two homes entirely, from the studs in and out. Bathrooms, kitchens, beautiful sheds, etc, etc, etc.
But health problems have necessitated a dialing down of the big projects so we bit the bullet and bought a coop. He is crazy meticulous about his projects (he went out in the dark and laser-levelled the chicken run structure) and we visited numerous coop dealers before we settled on one. The coop was made to order (we switched the standard pop door and people door positions, chose the structure material, color, roofing shingles, etc). We skipped any extras that we were willing to do ourselves.
I am so sorry that people are being ripped off by these unscrupulous companies. And $600 is not something most of us can toss into the wind!!! Really sad to hear that so many are being deceived!!
This is the company that built our coop:
http://www.thehenhousecollection.com/
Here it is---last week, with the run in progress:
View attachment 1066691
That is lovely!! So glad you were able to get a quality coop!

Did they tell you there was a 30 day cancelation policy? They told me about the cancelation policy right after I cancelled the coop and expected me to honor their policy. Did you charge the coop? If so, you might contact your credit card company and see what they can do for you. good luck

I wish I would have seen this thread months ago! We are having the same issues as many of you. Received a broken coop (could go on and on about the poor quality and ways in which it was broken--but I'd just be reiterating what others have said) and we are now going rounds with the business, the BBB, and the bank. It's crazy. I'm wondering if a phone call to the AG to report unethical business practices might be warranted? I'm not out to get anyone, but seriously, I feel like they are taking advantage of people and getting away with it. It really unfortunate! I hate that all of their true colors come out under the business name My Urban Farmers LLC. and chickencoopsnw.com still seems pristine.

I had a problems with this company. Did you pay with a credit card? If so, contact your credit card company and ask them to help you. After talking with them a few times, I stopped talking with them and communicated via email.
Report them to your credit card company and let them handle it for you. They are a scam and there are lots of complaints to back you up.

We are in the same boat. We ordered their Resort Coop and it molded before the chickens were even in it. We are supposedly getting upgraded parts, but they are not replacing all the parts that were molded. We also were past the 30 days. Apparently, posting a review on their page won't do anything. I was literally so frustrated last night that I was in tears. Having these chickens is wonderful, but this is completely souring the experience. I cannot believe how unhelpful they have been. We had to fight them for 5 days just to get them to cover the cost of shipping for the replacements. I wish it had occurred to me to check here first, but the reviews on the site were glowing.

Thank you all so much for your responses! I'm sorry that a lot of us are in the same boat. I feel so happy to have so much "evidence" to send to my credit card company with my dispute. I printed out some of your comments from here and also Yelp reviews in addition to my photos and email correspondence with these crooks. I'm feeling confident that I will get a refund after all and it's your advice and encouragement that has saved the day! :clap:thumbsup:yesss:
So sorry to hear this! Contact your credit card company and take some pictures! You CAN get your money back it is within a year someone said on this post. I'm doing that now. God bless.
Thank you so much for all these posts. We fell into the trap and I was inspired to call my credit card company. While my husband has to call tonight with the official complaint because it was his card and he is the primary, they did call My Urban Farmer with me on the line and recorded the conversation. While I may be crying in frustration right now, I am also extremely grateful for Diann from Tampa, FL who works at Capital One and totally had my back!

Can you please let me know if you reported the mold to them? Ours started molding shortly after assembly this month. I started a credit card dispute with them today. They told me they had never heard of mold issues. I would love more evidence.

Back
Top Bottom