I bought the feeder from Rentacoop off amazon. The lid would not seal on. I asked to return it and exchange it for a non-defective one, but Rent-a-coop didn't respond. Then I complained to amazon, and they offered me a refund/return. I was happy I purchased from Amazon and not directly from rent-a-coop. After I wrote a scathing review, Rentacoop sent me an apology. But obviously, they are having some issue with their quality control

BTW: despite the name, rent-a-coop, they often sell products (not just renting them.)
Correct...they rent hens and sell products. Glad you were happy with your purchase and their customer service. The times are quite trying...I'm sure RentACoop is having a difficult time keeping up. I wish I had purchased from Amazon....they would have returned the fence and gate.

Do you have some pics of what you rented?

Maybe someone on here could help you figure out what is wrong and help you fix it instead of a customer service. Since your very first post is complaining about a rental coop service, it makes me think the problem might be on your end since you can afford to buy it instead of rent it.
pibb.....So, silly, you are....if I had rented this....I would have returned it and not written this review about my quite expensive purchase. I DID NOT RENT THIS fence and gate... I KNOW how to fix this problem....at least the fence. The gate needs new poles as well, as that is the ONLY fix for that. I HAVE HAD TO REMOVE THE FENCE AND GATE FROM AROUND MY FLOCK....which is why I don't have photos NOW. I sent them to RentACoop. The netting needs more, stronger poles ( like the Premier 1 poultry netting ). I have asked them to send me more poles...Just 13....one for each 12 foot section that sags. They refused. I have been a member here for almost 10 years and never had the need to let folks know about products that are being sold that are potentially dangerous to their flocks.

Last edited:
Definately can see in the photo that the poles are not that great. Looks like you have to stab them in the ground and then use a guy wire to pull the net tight but when you look at the gate portion, there does not appear to be any guy wires holding the net up there.

Definately can see in the photo that the poles are not that great. Looks like you have to stab them in the ground and then use a guy wire to pull the net tight but when you look at the gate portion, there does not appear to be any guy wires holding the net up there.
They give you 4 guy wires....thats ALL! Each pole needs one.....I had to make more. The poles are so flimsy even with the guy wires....the poles can't pull it and hold it tight enough to keep it from folding over itself on the ground....thus, grounding out the fence. Thanks for your help....I've tried installing it over and over and in different areas ...It not even on grassy areas....that would REALLY be impossible to keep it over 3000 volts. Its trash....I'm done.

Well hang on now. Maybe we can fix it somehow.

What are the poles made out of? Looks like 1/2" pvc pipe. Anyways looks like they are hollow.

Go to a hardware store and get some 3/8" rebar. Cut them in 2' pieces.

Hold the fence pipe upright and drop a piece of rebar into the pipe. You may have to grind the diameter of the rebar down with a grinder so the rebar slides in the pipe easily.

Stick another piece of rebar in the pipe on top of the other rebar and use it to drive the first rebar into the ground 1'. That way you have 1' sticking up out of the ground to hold your fence pipe up.

Take that 2nd rebar out and use it to drive the rest of the rebar into the rest of the fence pipes. Now you can pull up your fence by simply sliding the pipe off the rebar and the rebar holds your fence up. That will make it easier to mow or trim around the fence but beware of the rebar sticking out of the ground.

Well hang on now. Maybe we can fix it somehow.

What are the poles made out of? Looks like 1/2" pvc pipe. Anyways looks like they are hollow.

Go to a hardware store and get some 3/8" rebar. Cut them in 2' pieces.

Hold the fence pipe upright and drop a piece of rebar into the pipe. You may have to grind the diameter of the rebar down with a grinder so the rebar slides in the pipe easily.

Stick another piece of rebar in the pipe on top of the other rebar and use it to drive the first rebar into the ground 1'. That way you have 1' sticking up out of the ground to hold your fence pipe up.

Take that 2nd rebar out and use it to drive the rest of the rebar into the rest of the fence pipes. Now you can pull up your fence by simply sliding the pipe off the rebar and the rebar holds your fence up. That will make it easier to mow or trim around the fence but beware of the rebar sticking out of the ground.
poles are similar to tent poles, with 2 prongs on the bottom that stick into the ground. But I can see attaching the poles to rebar if you have softer soil where the poles might eventually fall over. Good idea!

Oh. Might not work like I'm thinking then. I can't tell much from the image in that link. It almost looks like there is some rope down in the pipe.

Back
Top Bottom